i pressed my lips into a thin line. "okay..." i mumbled. "i'll ask her out next time i see her."

they all cheered. "see? there you go." seb grinned.

"what if she says no though?" i asked quietly.

"bro, oh my god," ken groaned. "i've seen the way she looks at you; i swear home girl is in love or some shit! she'll say yes."

"in love?" my eyes widened. "i think you're tripping. i don't know about all that."

they all looked at me like i was stupid.

"you're fucking blind, dude." west shook his head.

"helpless." seb added.

"aye, that's enough!" my eyes widened before kenya could say something too. "damn. okay, okay. i'll ask her out next time i see her, for sure."

"go to her house right now." kenya told me.

"what? no." i waved her off. "give me some time to prepare myself for it, jeez."

she rolled her eyes.

i heard the doorbell ring. "i'll get it. y'all can go ahead and start another game, just don't include me in that game."

they nodded. i got up and walked to the front door. i opened it, shocked to see billie there. "oh, hey, baby, wa—" i started to say, but was cut off by her pulling me into a tight hug, which made me furrow my brows. "are you good?"

"no," she mumbled. "i have to go back..."

"go back where?"

"where i used to live." she answered quietly.

my brows furrowed deeper as i pulled back from the hug to look at her. "what? why?"

"my brother wants us to go back."

"fuck 'em. stay here," i tried. "you can't just leave. you love it here; you're always talking about how much you love it here!"

"i know, but it's not really my choice, rya." she mumbled.

"you're a grown ass woman, billie, you don't have to listen to him! stay here. if it's some financial problems or some shit, you can stay here with me. you just— you can't leave." i held her hands in mine, getting more desperate to try and get her to stay.

"it's more complicated than that. i want to stay, i promise you i do, but i can't," she told me, and i watched with a frown as her eyes watered up. "i'm sorry, jas."

"bil, i swear you can just stay here and live with me; i don't care, and i know west won't either. you don't have to leave." i offered again.

"i can't," she whimpered as she brought me into a hug again and buried her face into my neck. "i-i can't, baby."

i wrapped my arms around her, holding her tightly. "well then if you have to move, then we can still make shit work, alright? we can, like, facetime or whatever all the time."

she shook her head against my neck as she silently cried. "it wouldn't work, we— we couldn't."

"yes, it could," i felt my own eyes tear up. "baby, come on, don't say shit like that. if we wanted to make it work, we could. or you could just stay here instead. fuck your brother, dude. for real. hell, if he's, like, forcing you to move back with him, i'll beat his ass! on god, i will."

she let out a soft, but broken laugh at that. "i know you would, but you can't. i just— i'm so sorry."

"when do you have to go back?" i asked as she pulled back from the hug to cup my cheeks.

"tonight." she mumbled.

"you're kidding." my heart dropped.

she shook her head as more tears fell. "i'm sorry, jas. i-i shouldn't have come here in the first place, this is my fault."

"stop that," i shook my head. "it's not your fault."

she rubbed her thumb against my cheekbone softly for a few moments before pulling me closer to her so that she could press her lips to mine. we've, of course, had kissed before, but this one felt different. it was different. there was so much emotion in it.

she pulled back after a while, looking into my eyes. she didn't say anything for a moment. "i love you," she admitted quietly. "don't forget that, alright?"

"wait, what?" my brows furrowed as she started stepping back, exiting out of the doorway that we'd been standing in. "stop. you can't just tell me that, and then leave."

"i'm so sorry," she told me again in a whisper as she started actually leaving. "goodbye, rya."

i watched in complete shock as she left. i stood there until i couldn't see her anymore. after i couldn't see her, i shut the door and started heading to my room.

"who was that, jas?" west asked as i walked past the living room. "you were talking to them for a while."

i ignored him as i walked into my room. i slammed the door shut before plopping onto my bed.

what the fuck.

☁️

a/n i'm sorry 😣

thoughts?

predictions?

when it said jj last chapter, it was a typo

jj is the first thing that pops up when i type j and i wrote that chapter at like 3 am LMAO

y'all good?

words:
1300

ANGEL // B.E जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें