𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

billie

billie

"what are you doing, baby?" i asked as i watched jasrya pull stuff out of a bag.

we were at some park, because rya had suggested that we went cloud watching. it was also just a nice day out today, so that was another reason.

"i'm about to customize these air forces," she told me as she pulled out some paint and some brushes. "you wanna help, shawty?"

"sure," i agreed. "what are you thinking for them?"

"well, i got these pastel paints," she held them up to show me blue, pink, purple, and yellow pastel paint. "i saw something like it on tiktok, and i thought it was pretty cool."

"okay, cool," i nodded. "i like that."

she let out a small hum. "so, i was thinking of leaving the vamp and the quarter white. then we paint the tip pink, the foxing blue, the swoosh yellow, and the eyestay purple. you know?" she raised a brow at me.

i thought for a moment, trying to process everything she just said. "okay..."

"you're confused, aren't you?" she snickered.

"just a lil' bit."

she then explained what each part was, the repeated what colors she wanted to paint them. "you get it now?"

"yeah." i nodded.

"okay, sick," she grinned as she handed me a brush. "don't mess up though, or else you'll be buying me a new pair."

my eyes widened. "got it. won't do that."

she let out a small giggle, which, admittedly, gave me butterflies.

☁️

"okay, eilish, come through with the painting skills," jj whistled as she looked at the shoe that i painted. "i lowkey expected you to mess up."

my jaw dropped. "that's so mean!"

she let out a loud laugh as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders to pull me into her side. "i'm just messing, bae, chill!" she continued to laugh before kissing the top of my head.

don't get me wrong, rya is great and all, but she's so confusing.

she does things like that and calls me 'baby' and stuff, but then says we're just friends in the same breath...

friends don't do what we do.

i honestly want to admit my feelings to her, but with her saying that we're 'just friends' all the time, makes me reconsider that. it could probably ruin whatever we have going on between us.

i don't want that.

"you better be." i grumbled as i jokingly pushed her away.

"i am," she assured with a soft smile before her eyes lit up. "oh, and i also brought one of those lil' bracelet making sets. you know, with the beads and everything?"