Chapter 15 - The End (?)

Y/N starred at the face of their tormentor in the office room..

For the past few horrible months, Y/N scars and weariness shown after battling with this monster for so long..

Everything was still when they faced each other. Like hell froze over, so much so, that if the red alert light wouldn't hit them every time it turned around in the room, some might think time itself has stopped completely.

It was all clear Y/N must kill Carter, or be killed by him, like so many did.

Adrenaline washed Y/N all over. The feeling of power in themselves flaming into their core.

This was it. The last time they'll have to face each other. The last 'treatment'.

Y/N took a deep breathe and rose slowly from the ground.

Heart beats loud in their ears, Y/N now knew there's not a lot of options to this final scenario..

"It doesn't matter..." Y/N huffed suddenly.

Carter tilted his freakish head a little, now with the device on it.

"It doesn't matter what you've achieved.." Y/N now staring dead in the shining blue eyes of The Doctor, a small chuckle escaped their lips.

"it doesn't matter I was even here, Carter... Can't you see?" asked Y/N in all seriousness now.

"Can't you see all your work is for nothing? You think you 'broke grounds on humanity achievements', when all you did.. Was to control people..? Torture them?... If you wanted people fearing you there are easier ways to do it. But you? Had to go all this lengths and for what, Carter? Your glory and ego made you deluded.. And blind.."

Herman stayed quiet but Y/N saw him griping his rod tighter, he couldn't move his eyelids anymore and he was in a constant pulled smile, but Y/N could feel his narrowed eyed glare through the horrible head gear, he was giving Y/N his famous glare, the one you feel bared and examined...

But something was different now... not only that the head gear was the main part of this horror show, but Y/N could swear black fog was sort of sarrounding The Doctor as he stood there. After everything you've been through, no surprise your vision is getting foggy..

An electric/mechanic giggle was sound from Herman's mouth, his eyes shone bright glowing blue and his rod sparked.

"Poor little Y/N..." he horribly laughed more.

"What's so funny doc?" Y/N spat.

Herman giggles died quickly in an eerie manor, he just stared now. His face was stretched ever before because now, he's smiling the same underneath the headgear.

"Little insect, trying to put the hunter down.." he laughed low and started pacing around the table to face Y/N directly.

"All this big talk but here you are" he halted in front of Y/N and lifted his rod.

"You're stuck here with me..." he viciously laughed again

Y/N took no other second and pushed the rolling hospital bed at him and jolted towards the doorway.

It hit The Doctor in the stomach but he barely flailed, he turned his head after Y/N which now already held the door handle to push forward.

"Get Over Here!" Herman Carter roared at Y/N and send a blast of electricity towards the door.

"Shit" was slipped out Y/N the moment the blast missed them by an inch as they kept running in the vast corridors. Everything was on fire, doors been blasted and the whole place rioted with agents and prisoners alike. Holes that let the natural sunlight come in through the roof.

Y/N felt the warm caress of the sun that spilled through the huge holes at the ceiling

They missed it... so much. Insane how, after everything Y/N been through, how they missed this simple thing..

The sunlight.

"KID!" a scream has been heard from somewhere, but where?! Y/N looked everywhere while still running from The Doctor, that was closing on Y/N's tail.

"HEY KID OVER HERE!" Bill voice was heard again.

Y/N looked up only to find Bill in a small beaten helicopter with Meg and David behind him as well.

They were riding low enough to meet the roof edges from the holes in it.

Y/N stopped and looked backed. Herman already caught up and was standing behind Y/N just a few meters away.

Herman stood there smiling constantly and held up energy in his palm "No where to run, Y/N.." he laughed and released the built electricity in is hand

"KID!! NOW!!" Screamed Bill from above and threw a climbing ladder to Y/N direction through the huge hole gap in the ceiling

Right on time that Y/N has managed to grab the ladder and be pulled up in time before Herman's reach.

As they were lifted up, The Doctor could be seen from the vast hole made in ruins, staring silently at Y/N as they drifted further and further away.

He just stayed there, getting smaller and smaller by the second as they flew away in the helicopter.

Y/N couldn't not but stare back the tall figure of Herman Carter, their eye sight never breaking until their gaze is out of reach, and now all you could see was the smoke coming up from the lone woody mountains the black facility was.

Y/N jumped as Meg put a warm blanket over their back with a bittersweet smile on her face, you finally got out of there, but the hardship was felt and the nightmares were completely real. All of you knew that.

"Nothing will remain out of this place" said Bill in his raspy voice.. "Even him.." he said and looked at Y/N, that still looked at the direction on the dreaded black facility.

Y/N looked at Bill, Meg and David and back to the wooded direction.

"Let's hope so, B... Let's hope so.."

As they drifted away, it was hard to leave the sense of danger behind.

~Bonus:
stay tuned just a little more,
Epilogue will be added.~