Chapter 14 - Final Project

Flashing red lights came from the glass sidelights of the door to Herman's office.

You looked at the silhouette of the man standing in front of you getting clearer, Carter's features getting distinct as seconds go by.

Waves of haziness hit Y/N's, who by this time tried to look confident but shyly held the metal bed for support.

Herman Carter leaned at the table arms crossed looking at Y/N, his gaze scanning and lingering feeling as a minute could stretch to forever.

"I have to confess, '293'.." He said suddenly, "You keep me awe"...

He continued before pushing himself to stand up and start walking with his hands behind his back lazily, the heels of his shoes on the wooden floor making that clack-tap sound while he's pacing to the drawer at the back of the table he leaned on.

Y/N jumped from to the sound of The Doctor's heels as he started pacing thinking he might be approaching towards Y/N, stumbling and falling to the floor on their behind.

Frightened, everything was getting clearer yet still wavy, it was like Y/N's mind was focused but blurry at the same time.

He squinted his eyes and smirked to the sight as he now stood behind the oak desk that separated between them.

"By our time together you, who've taken me to new grounds. New heights.. It's funny to say but-" his voice dropped dangerously low "it's almost like I was the test subject.." he smirked but he wasn't laughing. He led one of his arms to grab the backrest of his velvety armchair.

"I tried new experiments, methods... Trying to make you crack... I have manage to reach where no man have gone before, to rewire the brain, thoughts themselves.. No man or woman can ever forget me.. I have accomplished that!" He snapped while clutching the cushion tight.

"But you.. -" his grip got tighter which then he released the backrest.

"You, Y/N, made it so I'll never 'finish' my homework, never truly relish in my achievements.. Making me break my limits yet never feel satisfied, you, Y/N, is why I've never got to finish my project..."

Your could hear him clearly throughout the fogginess, it was only his voice out of everything that was clear in the midst of the alarm and haziness.
You rose your head to match the eyesight even with the light hurting and the drug attacking.

"Project...? What project..?" Y/N asked warily, looking at The Doctor's direction from the floor.
The Doctor had already held a device in his hand by now, and he's rod was on the table.

"Why project Awakening of course" he said as he slowly attached the device onto his head and face.

The device was horrifying, it felt like as if time stopped as Carter lifted his head to look at Y/N now fully with the gear on and rod in hand.

His mouth was pulled by horrible straps making him constantly smiling ever more than before, his eyes shot open, pulled by metal straps to any direction. This sight was spine-chilling.

The shock was almost mind blowing. He now looked exactly like the guy who chased you in your nightmares. Y/N looked frightful to this sight, big eyes now starring at this real monster Y/N's knees were shaking uncontrollably as they were sitting on the floor, trying to drag themselves back away from this psychopath.

Herman smirked and tilted his head to the side looking at frightful Y/N on the floor trying to hug their knees to stop shaking.

"Now.. Let me show you my final work" he said as he held is hand up in a fist and started charging electricity.

There was a bright light, a flash of blue everywhere and the sting of a thousand needles poking your body, there was a scream, probably from yourself and then couple of seconds of whiteness.

Y/N pushed themselves from the floor they found themselves laid on as a laugh was sound.
A weird frightening laugh, the voice had a sound like it was charged, like electricity was mauled with the voice chords themselves.

Y/N slowly rose up from the floor.
Now, everything was clear as day, no fogginess or haziness could blur this sight.

As the red light hit both The Doctor and Y/N, the final showdown is about to begin.