Chapter 26 : Anew

Start from the beginning

I let out a exhale as I entered then kitchen. The memories were fresh and the wounds were still open.
Ignoring the weird feeling in my chest I started making breakfast.
Imagining all the happy memories that took place here in the kitchen I put on a smile and started preparing breakfast.
Half an hour later I was finished with Axel's favourite pancakes with whipped cream.

Pouring some apple juice for him and garnishing the pancakes with berries I went to the fridge to grab some milk when I heard a crashing sound from above.

I slowly walked to the kitchen entrance and the sound of running and the stumbling followed by a large thud echoed in the house.

I peeked my head from the kitchen to see Axel lying on the floor near the stairs rubbing his head.

"What were you trying to do? Fly?" I asked amused.

Bad Nyx! He fell and you're finding this funny?

He saw me and relief washed over him.

He quickly got up and like a golden retriever he rushed towards me and bearhugged me tightly. His legs went around my torsk and I had to catch him immediately so that we both don't fall.

I was baffled and stayed put in my position with him in my arms.
I was unmoving trying to collect what was happening?

"Umm not that I mind this but why my rub cage is being crushed?" I wheezed.

"I thought you left me again." He whispered meekly and loosened his grip.

He sighed and nuzzled his head in my neck breathing in my scent.
"You don't know how much, how fucking much I craved this scent of yours. This fruity musky scent of yours has got me hooked" he dreamily spoke.

" I promised you Axel I won't leave. I would stay by you forever, all you need is to do the same
"I kissed the side of his lips.

" Now come on I made you your favourite breakfast."

"You made it for me?" He asked innocently like a child.

"Um yes?"

" Oh I missed your cooking"he said groaning and moved to eat.

Like a hungry animal he devoured his food and moaned in Delight .

I smiled , immense joy filling my chest as I watched the sight in from of me.

I missed him and this.
Never in a million year I would've thought that a man like him would get me hooked on him. I twas almost like he was an expensive wine I was drunk on. I couldn't get enough.
He was enough for me yet I craved more of him.

He was afterall mine with or without any imperfections , he was mine and the only man to ever survive Nyx Venatores fury unscathed. I still talk weirdly. Fury? Unscathed? What am I? Shakespeare?

"I haven't had a nice breakfast since months." He said as he took another bite of his pancakes and I frowned.

He noticed and stopped eating.

"I-uh" I stammered and there was this awkwardness in the air.

I just ate my breakfast and he went back to eat his.
Suddenly the atmosphere seemed suffocating and it felt too dark. The bad memories came back again and I had to stop my leg from shaking.
He was quiet too.

I knew we need time to heal but we don't have to be awkward around each other it's gonna mess up more.

" After this get ready you have work to do. I did not spent so much energy and time to wipe the memories of people after yesterday's events.