Chapter Twelve

As soon as the arrived in the noodle shop,

Nya, Cole, Zane, and Lloyd, came looking at the mess and quickly glanced over at the uncouncious Skyor.

"Skylor!" Nya cried out, running over, along with the other three.

Zane was the first to come over to the ground and carefully held her up as she started groaning and shifting. Pixel ran a scan over her and found no major injuries. 'It seems that She'll be alright, just some rest will help her recover.' Zane nodded before looking back to the others and said,"She's okay. Maybe some ice but that won't be a problem." He said and placed his hand to her forehead to cool but she had quickly reacted, grabbing his wrist while frantically breathing.

Lloyd placed out his hands to her, letting her know she was safe. "Skylor! It's ok, it's just us. What happened?" He asked.

Skylor looked around, seeing the others and let out a weak sigh of relief before glanced around at the messy family business. It wasn't a pretty sight for her. "Kai... He.... No..." She shook her head, trying to collect her thoughts of what she could remember. "Morro, he.- he was here and those... Ghosts. He wanted something... The book... A book that helped my father find the material for that staff and his other treasure." She said, before groaning, falling back in Zane's hold. "I...-, They.. went in my head and... that's all I can remember." She said, wishing she could tell them more, but she felt too dizzy to finish or remember the rest.

Lloyd looked at her and nodded. "Skylor, can you tell us where it's at?" He asked before getting a message that was coming from Jay who was on the Destiny Bounty.

Jay stood on the ship as he spoke, saying," Hey guys, guess who finally showed up..." He said in a not pleased tone.

From the outside, they could hear another aircraft approaching their area. They knew this sound well... Ronin's R.E.X.

The ninja met up back in the destiny Bounty and into the control room to where they would find Ronin who came over once he saw the dizzy Skylar who was being aided by Zane to keep her on her feet.

"Skylar!" Is she alright?" He asked. He was usually one to not care for others but Skylor and him were good pals ever since she ran the noodle house.

"Just dizzy, but where have you been?!" Lloyd asked. So many things could've been avoided if he had helped out. He was a business partner with Wu's shop but this? This wasn't something to let go easily after all that's happened. Especially after taking the sword of Sanctuary and giving it to Morro.

Ronin looked at him and spoke. "I was running some errands. Here's a small gift I picked up." He said, tossing a small leather bag in which Nya caught. "They are berries, they should be able to help your friend's back heal faster. You're welcome." He said before walking off and over to the monitor that showed a map of Ninjago.

Cole huffed and walked towards the male. "Hey! If you're going to help. Might as well tell us when you're leaving." He said with a glare.

Ronin looked back at him and put up his hands. "Woah, Woah. Hey! I pretty much made up for stealing the Sword of Sanctuary from you guys! Come one it's unhealthy to hold a grudge. He said and watched as Cole growled. "...Wait, that's not all, huh? Let me guess, you blame me for what happened to you." He scoffed. "If you had just had the money and paid for the scroll, maybe this." He pointed his hand over at his faded form. "Wouldn't have happened." He said with a cold look. "It was all you had to-" He stopped as he watched the Black ninja, quickly lost it and swung his fist at the thief.

"Stop!" Lloyd yelled, stopping Cole from harming the thief as much as he deserved it. "We need to focus on the main priority. Skylor said something about a book Chen had used to find the staff. We need to know where it is before-"

"Do you mean the Book he has hidden in the Jungle of the Hidden Ruins of Fears?" Ronin asked, looking at the boy.

"You know about it?" Zane asked, to which ronin nodded.

"Yeah, I know about it. Planned on stealing it a couple of times. In the past of course." He muttered. "Morro has good taste in hunting down something like that." He said, folding his arms as if trying to think of what kinda things he would want that could be in the book.

Skylor shot up and looked at the man. "You were going to steal from my family?!" She asked, giving him a glare. She understood some things, but this?

"It was on my wish list, alright? Looked like it had a lot of good stuff." Ronin sheepishly said as he looked away, stretching the back of his head. "Had to wait of course because of your paps."

Lloyd stepped in and looked at the man. "How do we get there!" He urgently asked.

Ronin placed his hand to tell the kid to hold it. "Woah, Woah, we're talking about Chen's vault here. The place carries lots of deadly traps. It's also got this fog that can corrupt your mind and see hallucinations. Vemonimary stuff basically."

"Then How do we get in?" Cole asked.

Zane glanced at them. "We have our Masks, As long as we keep them on and don't breathe in the fog then we should be alright."

Ronin nodded. "Got that right robot man. Lucky for you, it's not really necessary since you're made out of metal." He said, knocking his head.

Lloyd nodded. "Alright, let's go then and-" LLoyd was interrupted when Ronin spoke up.

"Hold on now, you've all gone and failed at getting Morro many times. You know why? Because he's always one step ahead of you. Because all of you focus too much on hunting him or trying to get your friend back. Never the main goal. Which is why it stops now. Starting today, no more Kai nonsense." Ronin said, folding his arms.

Nya immediately stepped in. "Excuse me?! That's my brother we're talking about. We can't just forget about him." She objected, glaring at the man.

LLoyd nodded in agreement. "Nya's right. We can't just set him aside. He's one of us and in danger." He said.

Ronin shook his head and sighed. "You aren't. But if you keep making him a main priority goal, then you're going to continue missing the main task. Now, because none of you have been there, except for her." He points at Skylor. "I'm coming along."

Nya growled. "No, Skylor is coming with us, she-" she stopped when Zane halted her.

"Nya, Skylor needs rest, remember? It's best we stick with Ronin so that we can't risk any more on her." He told her.

Nya looked back at the other before turning her head and sighed, leaving to go to Jay with the Berries.

Jay Looked down at the berries and muttered something and asked. "So do I just eat them?" He asked.

Ronin shook his head. "No, if he does that he'll die within six hours." He said and everyone just stared at him. Ronin smirked before bursting out laughing. "I'm kidding. He should be good." He said in which Jay took them and chewed six of them. They were really small like blue blueberries. "Although..., there might be some side effects..." And with that, Jay lost feeling to his whole body and flopped down.

Nya was speechless and stuttered, wanting to yell, wanting to argue at the man, and asking why like the rest of the others. But remained quiet and just let out a frustrated sigh and muttered. "Could've given us a head's up..." She mumbled in which she reached down to hold the male up as Cole came over to join which took a few tries because his hands kept fading through the other. He still had some getting used to being a ghost.

Ronin watched as Nya and Cole dealt with the dizzy and numb Jay before looking back at the others. "Well then, let's get moving, shall we?"