Chapter Eighteen Talk

I spent the next day alone, except when Eowyn came to check on me. I needed space. I never thought Legolas would try something like that, and then Aragorn punched him....
The three of us needed to talk, but I wasn't sure I could face them.

Legolas
I woke up with a headache... I hadn't had that much to drink for a very long time... I groaned as I put a hand to my head. I shouldn't have done that drinking game with Gimli, but he's competitive with everything. Then, I remembered what I tried to do with Farrien. I swore under my breath... how could she even like me now? I didn't want to be like that. I had to talk to her... but maybe after some coffee.

Farrien
I went to the stables to check on my horse.   I bumped into Aragorn.
"I am sorry about last night Farrien," he said.
"Me too."
"I'm sure Legolas did not mean to act that way..." his voice trailed off.
"I don't want to see him right now," I said as I became angry again.
"I understand, but you will have to face him at some point," he said.
"Aragorn, I do not want to be the queen of Mirkwood..." He reached out and grabbed my hand.
"I promise I will talk to your father after the war," he replied.
"Please...I want to be with you," I said quietly as his eyes met mine.
"Do you really mean that?" He whispered. I nodded my head.
"Could you give up your eternity, of ever seeing your mother and father?" He asked. I nodded my head again.
"I would trade it all for you," I said. Aragorn put his hands on the sides of my face and kissed me. I couldn't let go of him.

***
A while later we left the stable. I held his hand in the stable until I saw someone coming.
"I need to find Legolas," I sighed.
"I thought you didn't want to see him?" Aragorn asked me.
"I don't, but I want to be with you more. I have to stop this engagement somehow," I sighed. Aragorn held my hand for a moment and squeezed it.
"I will go with you. He is probably in the main hall," he said as we started walking.
We made it to the hall, where Legolas was sitting with Gimli. The elf turned as he heard us coming. He got up and met us.
"Forgive me Farrien... I was reckless and arrogant... I will never do that again," he said, his eyes sincere. I tried to bottle my anger.
"I... forgive you Legolas... but we need to talk," I said as he nodded.
"I agree." The three of us sat by ourselves, as much as we could.
"This engagement is no longer working," I said.
"I understand... but our fathers had this in place since the moment you we're born... my father will not take this lightly," Legolas said in a stern tone.
"I know... we need a plan so Thranduil doesn't kill me..." I sighed.
"That will take some thinking," Legolas said.
"I agree," I said.
"Why don't we take some time to think on it?" Aragorn said as I nodded.
"As far as I'm concerned, the engagement is over," Legolas said.
"I'm sorry Legolas," I said.
"Don't be... to be honest I didn't really want it either... my father forced it on me and I tried to make it work..." he confessed.
"At least you tried and knew about it... perhaps if I did it would have ended up better," I replied.
"Well, let's hope if the war doesn't kill us, my father won't either," Legolas tried to joke, but I knew he was serious also.
I nodded my head.