Chapter 21: Epilogue

(36 ABY. Y/N's age: 22)

(Planet: Chandrila) 

Y/N's P.O.V

After hours of labour Rey finally gave birth to our child. It was a little boy, and we've decided we are going to call him Anakin Solo.

Rey's now asleep and I'm sitting in the chair next to her holding little Anakin in my arms.

I then feel a force presence behind me, I already know who it is though. I turn to see my grandfather's force ghost standing behind me.

Anakin: Hey, kid.

Y/N: Hi, grandfather. Did you come to meet your namesake?

Anakin: Something like that.

Grandfather comes closer to look at little Anakin.

Anakin: He's got your eyes.

Y/N: Yeah it's crazy. I just hope I don't screw this whole "being dad" thing.

Anakin: I'm sure you'll be great. Just follow your instincts and you'll be fine because they've served you well so far.

Y/N: I guess so. All I know is that I'm gonna make it my personal mission to make sure that he doesn't make the same mistakes that I did. Just like my father did with me and tried his best to do with Ben.

Anakin: That's good. That's what every father should do.

After talking a bit more Anakin decides to leave as Rey is about to wake up.

Rey: Hey there, handsome. Who were you talking to?

Y/N: Just an old friend.

She smiles at the sight of me holding our child.

Rey and I talk and enjoy the occasion.

(43 ABY. Y/N's age: 29)

(Planet: Chandrila)

Myself and BD-7 have just come back from a mission in on the planet of Coruscant and after landing we head back home.

Rey and I are now living in my childhood home with our son Anakin and our four year old daughter Jaina Solo, she was born three years after Anakin.

Once I make it back home BD jumps off my shoulder and runs into the house.

As I walk into the living room I see Rey playing ball with the kids.

When I walk outside the ball lands at my feet, I pick it up and start running at them as the three of them try to get it away from me.

Y/N: Whoa, he dodges left and right. He's going for it...

Before I could finish Anakin and Jaina jump on my back then Rey does the same, which knocks me to the ground.

Y/N: Ah, Solo's down, he didn't make it.

Rey and the kids start giggling.

Rey: (Smiling) You're home early.

I sit up.

Y/N: Well I finished early so I decided to come home and see my wife and kids. And as Grandmaster I get to choose when I go back to the temple.

Rey and I then kiss.

Anakin & Jaina: Eww!

Rey: Oh come on babies I think we get a pass on that one.

Jaina then jumps on my lap and hugs me.

Jaina: I missed you daddy.

Y/N: I missed you too baby girl.

I stand up and hold Jaina in my arms. I then feel Anakin wrap his arms around my waist and hug me.