No response, none at all.

"Hey I'm talking to you-"

"You're poor, aren't you?"

"What-"

"Your shoes," the elder pointed out and laid back onto the podium completely. "you've been wearing the same ones throughout the whole year. The sole is coming off on your left shoe and there is a hole on the right one."

"What in the world are you talking about-"

"I bet your parents aren't even home most of the time, working all day and night to pay off your school. Multiple siblings, right? And you all mostly use the same clothes because you're poor."

"Who do you think you are-"

"and you're the family disappointment, aren't you? If I was your father, i would have disowned you already. This music shit won't bring you any money, loser. You can't even do it on your own. Do you think anyone would help you?"

"Shut your mouth!"

"Or what?" Seonghwa opened his eyes and sat up, staring daringly into Hongjoong's face that was going red in fury. Of course he had overstepped boundaries. "You're going to hit me? Tell the principal?" he snapped and chuckled degradingly. "Poor little Hongjoongie, has too big dreams~... You're a failure, Kim Hongjoong. You'll always fail"

Hongjoong had never been the type to; he chose 'smart' ways to avoid problems. In other words, ignoring them was the best way. Yet, his hands were attached to the elder's collar so fast and tight, he was internally stoll processing. He hovered over him, face flushed red in anger. "I don't know what in the world you're playing, Park, but you better hold your mouth now."

"There you go," the elder said, that smug expression still on his face, annoying the hell out of Hongjoong with every second that passed.

Confusion clouded his mind for a short moment, thoughts scattered around. "Wha-What-"

"We can start now," Seonghwa replied and hived himself up as if the younger didn't weight anything. "Just wanted to test you... We can work with the results"

"What the actual fuck, Seonghwa."

~

Seonghwa's eyes flew over the paper in his hand, brows knit and lips pursed. He wanted to grin, to admire his work proudly, but he couldn't just yet. "Second verse." he said and gave the younger the paper back. "it looks off."

Hongjoong, already tired and broken by the tyrant like support of the elder, just took the paper back and looked for whatever issue Seonghwa seemed to have with the second verse. They had been working on the same song for two weeks, not passing further than the lyrics and a sketch of the beat.

Seonghwa watched him rewrite and rewrite, note something on a spare paper. He felt bad for every word he had said to him at their very first session, he really did. Yet he needed to get that reaction from him, he needed him to boil, to be angry and act. How was he supposed to write music that moved when he himself never dared to? Seonghwa wouldn't lie, his methods were probably not the best, but efficient enough to make it work. In the end, Hongjoong did start writing lyrics that touched his heart and spirit.

"Give it to me, let me see again," he said, rudely grabbing the paper away from under the younger's nose. Again his eyes just flew over it, this time he allowed himself to smile, show his approval. "Looks good to me."

There was a glister in Hongjoong's eyes that lit up and hit the elder right in his chest. He knew the younger was a fighter, he had still pulled through with school and his dreams at the same time. Some things just needed a light push to the right direction. "you think so?" he asked, overly joyfull as he took back the paper and smiled all over his face. He seemed to glow, pride filled his chest as he lifted his eyes back to the elder.

With a fond smile, Seonghwa reached for the younger's head, threading his fingers into his hair. He patted his head gently, holding the eye-contact confidently. "You did an amazing job, Hongjoong. I'm proud of you."

-
Heeeyaaaa my dudes and dudettes🤠

I'm done with 2/4 of my writing finals✨

After doing German, I thought the worst was over, then they fucked me with math like a whore🤡

Let's see yall, let's seeeeee

How have you been doing?

I haven't been on many socials lately, wise me in, what did i miss?

I hope you all are well!

Thank you for being here today. I don't say it often, and it pains me sometimes. I hope that you know you make me going, and I never know how to give you that back. Thank you. For just briefly meeting me here. Thank you that you're breathing with me today. Thank you.

Please stay healthy and safe.

-gulkurusubb