Chapter 3

This much I know. I'm in a car. There's two other people in the car with me. My hands are tied together behind my back. My knives are gone. And my head feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. I opened my eyes barely enough to see. I was in a limo type vehicle, there was one person beside me and another in front of me. The man to the left of me was Fitz and the man in-front of me was a big burly man. He looked familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. At least it wasn't... him. I groaned, sitting up. I reached my hands behind my head. It hurt but there wasn't blood.

"What did you do Fitz?" I grunted. He smiled, turning away from the other man.

"Look whose awake!" he clapped his hands together once.

"Ah!" I said groaning.

"Sorry. I didn't want to have to kidnap you but I had to do what I had too." he said turning to the other man and back. I grumbled.

"You suck." I grumbled. He hugged me.

"I really am sorry." he said.

"I just have a few questions." I said. He nodded.

"Shoot."he said, resting an arm on my shoulder.

"Where are we? Why did you kidnap me? And who is that?" I pointed to the man across from me.

"You don't recognize me?" the man said. I shook my head.

"Am I supposed too?" I asked. He shook his head.

"It's Caspian." Fitz said. My jaw dropped.

"Caspian." I whispered. "Is it really you?" he nodded.

"Can you believe it?" he looked over himself. I reached out for him but forgot about my hands. I turned to Fitz.

"Could ya'?" I motioned to my hands.

"Crap. Forgot about that." he untied my hands. "I'll give you your knives back as long as you promise not to kill me- I mean us." Fitz said resting back in his seat. I rolled my eyes.

"I promise." he handed me my knives. I slipped my throwing knives back into my garder and placed the twin knives in my lap. I reached out and placed a hand on his cheek. He now had small circular glasses and his muscles bulged under his jacket. He looked good. Really good. I leaned back. "What do you do know?" I asked.

"I'm a doctor." my eyes widened.

"That's amazing Caspian." Fitz leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Next question?" Fitz asked.

"Where are we?"

"Right. We are..." he looked down at his watch. "an hour away from the Tiny Palace." I turned to him.

"Turn this car back around. Now!" He rested his arm on my knee.

"It's going to be fine. He's not even there right now."

"Why aren't we saying Pier-" I put my hand over his mouth.

"We do not say his name." I warned. He nodded in agreement.

"Got it." Caspian intertwined his hands in his lap. I turned to Fitz.

"Fitz I'm not kidding Take. Me. Home."

"It's a good thing I'm very serious because I. Can. Not." I leaned my head against his shoulder and grumbled.

"You said he wasn't there right now. So when will he be back?"

"In a few days but everyone's there waiting for you." My eyes widened. I looked from Fitz to Caspian. They both looked sincere.

"If you're joking I will murder you." he pulled me to him. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Haven't you already tried that?" I hit him in the shoulder and he hit me back.

After dinner I ran upstairs. Everyone watched me go but no one followed me. I ran to my room and shut the door. Something about this mission didn't sit right with me. I pulled on my black hooded cloak and stuck my knives into my belt loop. I dropped one twin knife in a boot and the other in the opposite boot. They were newly polished and gifted to me by my brother. He said, 'my twin should have twin knives.' he handed me the box and I opened the lid. Silver handled blades sat inside on a velvet pillow. I threw my arms around him and squealed. The one I had bees using were old and rusted. 'On one condition.' I nodded. He picked up the left blade. 'You name this one Corbin.' I laughed then.

I pushed open the window seal and slid onto the roof. I pulled my hood over my head and stood. I left from rooftop to rooftop. Kids played in the street while there parents chased after them. It was so sweet.
Innocent.
I liked to think I was innocent but I knew after my first kill I would never be innocent again. His name still rung in my ears. Rupert Lèmepel. He was an English merchant. He had three kids and a wife. All their names rung in my ears. Laurent Marsh. Gabriel Agrèmt. Melanie Rìsìa. And many, many more. I slid down a drain pipe and walked down an alley when I heard a scream. A muffled tiny sound. I pulled my hood down and listened again. Once I heard it again I ran towards the opposite end of the alleyway. A man had pushed a woman against the brick wall and had started to undress her. He had a hand over her mouth and was unbuttoning her blouse.

"Hey!" I screamed. He turned towards me.

"Come to join the party have we?" he chuckled. I took out one of my twin knives and three throwing knives.

"Not exactly." I threw one with precise aim. It grazed his ear but as he was to busy tending to his cut ear he let go of the woman. She ran from him quickly. He turned back to me and grumbled.

"Hey! It took me a while to find her." I ran at him. The terrified look on his face was priceless. I threw him into the wall and he slumped against it. I took out my twin knives and grazed his cheek.

"Would you like me to kill you slowly or quickly." Before he could speak I had already buried my knife in his chest. "Quickly I assume." Blood splattered all over my face. His eyes went still and his head slumped to the side.

"Rue." I turned towards the alleys exit. Pierre stood there with a gun in his hand. He slid into his belt behind his back. "What are you doing?" he walked towards me. I looked back to the man. The now dead man.

"See you in hell." I whispered before standing. I turned to Pierre. "He deserved it." he grabbed my arm.

"I agree but I wasn't talking about that. Why did you leave so suddenly?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I needed a stress relief."

"Well I can do that." he smiled. I slid my knives back into there places.

"Maybe that's not what I needed." I tried to keep my face emotionless but it was hard. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Well that's what your going to get." he threw me over his shoulder and carried me back to the Tiny Palace. I screamed the entire way insisting he put me down but he never did.