Chapter 2

I woke up underneath silk sheets. I could hear someone breathing beside me. I rolled over. Pierre was staring back at me. I smiled.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked. He pulled me to him. I placed my head in the crook of his neck.

"Very well." I said, my voice muffled. He trailed my arm with two fingers. I wrapped my arms around him. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Eleven." he kissed up my neck and down my jaw.

"We need to get up." I said with no intention of going anywhere. He groaned.

"Fine." he ripped off the sheets and stood. I pulled on his arm  He fell back onto the bed. He stared at me. "You just said we need to get up."

"Maybe I lied." he smiled. He grabbed my jaw with one of his hands. The other on my thigh.

"What am I going to do with you?" he complained. Before he could say anything else I pulled his lips to mine. He laid back down pulling me on top of him.

Fitz threw a butter knife at my head. I ducked right in time. He ran from the kitchen to the living room, his ear still bleeding. Sadly I had missed, he ducked and the knife grazed his ear. I loved Fitz but if killing him meant never having to go back to the Tiny Palace then I would murder him. I walked after him.

"FITZ!!" I heard a crash from the living room and ran in there, knives ready. My sofa was on fire. "Fitz what the heck!" he left the fire extinguisher on the coffee table right beside the couch.
I extinguished my sofa and ran upstairs. "Fitz I swear to the Saints if I find my bed on fire!" I ran into my room. Fitz had a bottle of rum in one hand and a lighter in the other.

"Come with me or the house burns down. Your choice." I threw a knife at the lighter. It flew from his hand and stuck to the wall. Fitz turned to me and then to the wall and then back. "You really have gone psychotic haven't you?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably. But now you have two options, you give me the bottle of rum and I let you run back home to... him, or I kill you. Your choice." I spit his words right back at him. I stepped closer to him. There was no where to go from the bedroom.

"Actually I have one option I was hoping to not use."

"You have ten seconds Fitz before I choose for the both of us." he nodded and then placed the bottle on the floor.

"Fine Rue, I put the bottle down but I have to take you with me." Before I could say anything a blinding pain struck the back of my head. And all I saw was darkness.

Pierre and I walked downstairs holding hands. I heard chatter coming from the dining room. I walked in with Pierre trailing behind me. Everyone was here, Fitz, Corbin, Davina, Maeve, Caspian, Pierre, and myself. I sat down across from Corbin and Davina and beside Pierre with Fitz on the other side of me. The food hadn't arrived yet but everyone had a full glass of wine, except for Davina whose glass was almost empty.
Pierre put a hand on my knee under the table. I smiled at him and turned to the rest of the table. Davina and Corbin were talking amongst themselves and Maeve was sucking Fitz's face off. Caspian was reading a book, ignoring us all. I rolled my eyes. I grabbed my glass of wine and tipped it upward.

Pierre got close to my ear and whispered, "You look absolutely stunning in that dress." I almost choked on my wine. I swallowed and turned to face him. He was obviously pleased with himself. My dress was a deep purple skin tight dress I chose on purpose. Pierre was wearing his normal black pants and black sweater with an assortment of rings on his fingers. I bent over to his ear.

"I know." As I pulled back I nipped at his ear. His eyes widened. He smiled and turned back to the rest of the table.

"I have some exciting news." Everybody's ears perked up. "As you know we have just finished one of our finest jobs yet but we have been offered another one which is even bigger." I whipped my head around. Why hadn't he told me about this? "An anonymous merchant asked us to steal something for him." Davina set down her glass with a thud.

"What are we stealing?" she asked. She grabbed the bottle of wine and refilled her glass.

"The bank of Velstar is the worlds largest bank. It has a total of seventy vaults but their most secured vault keeps a bar of gold and this anonymous man would like us to steal the bar of gold." Davina laughed.

"Just one bar of gold?" she asked.

"Yes. But he's willing to pay us two and a half million dollars each." Davina spit out her wine.

"EACH!!" she exclaimed. Fitz who was sitting across from her was soaked in wine. I handed him my napkin but he kept his murderous eyes on Davina. 'Sorry' she mouthed. Maeve helped him wipe off the wine.

"Yes each," Pierre continued. "This anonymous man... let's call him Joe. Joe wants us to do the job because he's obviously heard of our work."

"He better of." Caspain said from the other side of the table. Pierre was at one head of the table and Caspian at the other. "We have worked our butts off for months now. The entire world better know our names."

"If they haven't they will after this job. Whose in?" Caspian's hand shot up. As well as Maeve and Fitz. After a minute so did Davina's. I looked at Corbin and he looked back at me. Everyone stared at us. 'The twins' they used to call us. Corbin was my twin brother but we looked nothing alike. He had dark hair and green eyes where I had blonde hair and brown eyes. "Rue." Pierre whispered. I turned to him and then back to Corbin. He was still looking at me. He wouldn't go along with a job if I wasn't comfortable. I raised my hand.

"I'm in." Corbin raised his too but said nothing. I know he saw the doubt in my eyes.

"Great! We start planning tomorrow for now let's enjoy this meal." Two servants came out with dishes upon dishes of meals. Corbin watched me the entire time.
I kept my head down and nodded all the way through the meal every time someone talked to me. I could feel two pairs of eyes on me throughout the meal Corbins and Pierres.