Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}

Începe de la început

"Why is that such a shock? Even George managed to get some action."

"Correction. George got some syphilis." Evi jokes.

"How could I not know, you were sleeping with someone?" Meredith grills the woman.

"Forget this." Joe says getting up from the floor.

"Joe!" Evi calls following after him.

"The hospital is right across the street. I can sure as hell walk across the street by myself." He stands up.

"Oh, I think we should-"

"No, I got him. Joe!" The interns scramble after him.

•.•.•

"All right. Details. You're pregnant? What are you gonna do?" Evi asks.

"Look, you know what happens to pregnant interns. I'm not switching to the vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery's my life." Cristina says.

"Which begs the question: who are you sleeping with?" Meredith asks.

"Just a guy."

Evi scoffs. "That's all we get? You can't just bring something like this up and expect us to drop it."

"Well, watch me."

They walk up to a desk where George and Izzie are standing.

"Why are you back here tonight, don't you have a date with McDreamy?" Izzie asks.

"More like McMarried." George says.

"McWhat?" Izzie asks in disbelief.

"I came to check on Joe." Meredith says changing the subject.

"You think he's gonna be okay?" George asks.

"You think he's gonna need an operation?" Evi asks.

"Operation, yes. Ok, hard to tell. Basilar artery's blown up like a balloon. Subarachnoid bleeding. Aneurysm the size of a golf ball." Shepherd says walking up.

"No way to clip something like that."

"Not without magic fingers."

"Or a standstill operation."

"You're doing a standstill-he's doing a standstill operation." Cristina says impressed.

"I'd like to try. First I need some additional patient history, overnight labs, and a cerebral angio." He tries to hand the chart to Meredith.

"I'm drunk."

"Meredith-"

Meredith walks away and George grabs the chart. Derek tries to follow Meredith but the other interns step in his way.

"McBastard." Evi coughs before going to follow Meredith.

Derek leaves. Cristina takes the chart from George.

"Ahem."

"What are you doing?"

"Uh-I am on her side, but we're talking a possible standstill here. Recognize."

•.•.•

"Look, I know how you feel." Evi hears after she catches up with Meredith. She opens her umbrella and pulls George with her by grabbing his hand.

"Do you? Somehow I doubt that. Because if you did, you would shut up, and you would turn around and go back inside, because you would realize that I am this close to getting in my car and running you down in the parking lot!" She leaves, George runs up to her with an umbrella in one hand and Evi's hand in the other.