☻︎𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗☻︎

Saturday, July3, 2021
10pm
Jade's POV

We had just arrived at Ryland's parents house.
For the past 30 minutes I have been worrying if they will like me or not. What if he's had another girlfriend over that's better than me? What if they don't think I'm good enough? What if they don't like how I look or act? Will they be mean? How will they react when they wake up with a stranger in their house?
We both get out of Ry's car and he unlocks the front door. We go inside and Ry locks the door behind us, then I follow him to his old childhood bedroom. We go inside and he closes the door behind us. I lay down on his bed and he cuddles up next to me.

You: what time do your parents usually wake up at?
Ry: around 8am. I can't believe I'm saying this, but we should wake up at 8 too and just walk in casually.
You: that's a good idea, I'll set an alarm.
Ry: ok, goodnight babe.
You: night baby.

I set an alarm on my phone to wake up at 8am then fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up to my alarm and turn it off. I rub my eyes and look at my surroundings. Ryland is fast asleep hugging me.

You: babe wake up.
Ry: *groan*
You: come on babe.

Ryland sits up and stretches. While he does that, I get my hair brush out and brush my hair, last night before we left I changed into sweatpants and one of Ryland's hoodies, which I wore to bed last night too. After I brush my hair, Ryland gets up and I follow him out of the room to the kitchen. We both are holding hands and when we walk into the kitchen I see a lady cooking and a man sitting at the dining table on his phone.

Ry: what's for breakfast?
Lady: waffles and bacon.

The lady turns around and sees both of us.

Lady: omg! My baby boy is home! Who did you bring home with you?
Ry: this is my girlfriend, Jade.
Man: this isn't another one of your hookup girls is it?
Ry: no dad, I really like Jade.
Ry's mom: welcome Jade! I'm Ryland's mom, Macy. When did you meet my son?
You: um I think the beginning of June, we met at a hype and sway house party.
Ry's dad: what's the hip and swat house?
You: they are social media houses, I live in the sway house which consists of 9 boys, they are all like brothers to me.
Ry: and I live in the hype house which has both girls and boys.
Ry's dad: so what do you do all day?
You: film 15 second videos on tiktok, at sway there is a lot of dumb stuff that goes on, we also buy lots of stuff, and sometimes go into public to get cameras from paparazzi shoved into our faces.
Ry: yeah.
Macy: that sounds illegal, to put cameras on your face whoever your in public. How long have you been doing social media for?
You: since early 2019.

By now, Ryland and I have sat at the dining table. Macy puts the waffles all on a plate and the bacon on a separate plate. Hailey, Ryland's sister, then walks into the kitchen. She sees me and screams then runs and hugs me.

Hailey: JADE!!
You: hey Hailey!
Hailey: when did you get here?!
You: late last night.
Hailey: omg!

She sits next to me and Macy sits down too. We all grab a waffle and bacon and start eating.

Ry: so what are we doing today?
Macy: well we were going to go down the street to Tamera's house and set off some fireworks. You and Jade can come too.
You: sure.
Ry: it'll be on the ground, don't worry.
You: ok.
Ry's dad: why would you have to worry?
You: for the 4th of July, in LA we usually set fireworks off on the roof.
Hailey: that sounds awesome! Mom can we do that?
Macy: no Hailey, that's not safe.
Ry: just come to LA and we can set them off on the roof.
Hailey: yay!