Chapter Fourteen

ECHO"I said, leave and don't come back here, Echo

ECHO

"I said, leave and don't come back here, Echo. You are no longer welcome."

I glared at him with a rising temper. "Fine!" I barked.

His words of anger had hurt me, but I tried to not let them affect me. However, they did.

Not wanting to embarrass myself further, I turned around and left. Internally, I was hoping that he would stop me and take back his words, but it was just that – hope and not a reality.

Hope was dangerous be it in any given situation. That was always ingrained into our minds since the time we were young and understood the meaning to becoming a werewolf.

But was hope really bad?

I guess it was because I felt pretty shitty right now especially with no footwear, no phone and no way to go home.

If I were still a werewolf, I could have found my way back to my friends with just tracking their scent. I was one of the best trackers back home.

"Momma, momma, look!" I looked up to my mother and showed her what I had caught. It was my first hunt.

"What do you have there, Echo?" She asked sweetly and crouched down to my height. She was so tall.

I showed her the white bunny I had in my hand. It was beautiful – so white and fluffy.

"Oh, what a lovely thing! I'm proud of you!"

"Can we keep it, momma?" I pleaded.

"I don't know, honey. Maybe you should ask your daddy."

She seemed unsure, but had this weird look on her face. I didn't question her because she was my momma. She knew what was right.

"Okay."

I went in search of my daddy. I bounced with each step happy feeling so happy. My mother said she was proud of me!

When I reached daddy's office, there was loud voices coming from inside. I slightly pushed the door open and it creaked a little, but the voices still didn't stop.

With the small gap, I peeked inside. Daddy was sitting in his chair, but he looked so angry and there was Mr. Blackburn along with his son Colvin.

I frowned.

What were they doing in here?

Colvin was my best friend in the whole wide world. I was a little sad he didn't tell me he was coming and didn't even say hi to me.

I was scared because daddy was yelling at Colvin's father. My best friend looked so sad. I wish I could go in there and hug him. Hugging makes all the problems go away!

Maybe I'll get to talk to him later. Now was not a good time.

As I was about to turn around, the white furry friend jumped out of my hands and went into daddy's office. Oh, no!

"Who is there?!" Daddy yelled.

He had not seen me, perhaps I had time to-

"Echo? What are you doing here?" Mr. Blackburn sneered down at me. He looked like a madman.

"I-I...um..."