Chapter Five

ECHO

ECHO

"...You. Are. Mine."

I froze.

That's not possible.

I looked at Arlo and then turned my gaze to Molly hoping somebody would give me some answers. But she only looked at me with...pity in her eyes.

I frantically shook my head in disbelief, "No, no, no."

"What do you mean by-"

The Alpha took a step in my direction, but I held up my hands to stop him. Anger left his face only to be replaced my hurt and pain. It broke my heart to see him like that, but what he was saying wasn't possible. It couldn't be.

"I-I am s-sorry, but this can't be," was all I said before I ran out the front door as fast as I could.

When I stepped out I could see a couple of the pack members standing, trying to block my way.

I ran away from my pack to stay away from werewolves and not be a part of any pack. It wasn't going to stop now.

I knew that when I left my pack, my life would be more chaotic with being on the run all the time. But it was a fate that I had accepted.

Being someone's mate was not part of the plan.

How was that even possible? My wolf was dead. I felt her wither away. I endured the pain and loss of her.

Nothing made sense and nobody seemed to have any answers for me.

I looked up at the night sky and prayed to the Moon Goddess to guide me too because I had nowhere else to go.

The pack members backed away and created a clear path for me. My eyes widened when they bowed their heads. I figured that by now everyone in the pack would be aware that the Alpha had found his mate.

That information had me more scared because if the rumours were true about him being the most ruthless of all, he wasn't going to stop at anything to get his mate.

My friends should've just let me go last night. I was a fool to stay and now I have endangered their lives too.

They might be rogues, but they aren't selfish. They will try to protect me; always.

But tonight, it was my turn.

I will not put their lives at risk anymore.

With a quick pace, I jogged over to where Arlo parked his bike. I climbed over, turned on the ignition and the beast roared to life. I was glad that he taught me how to ride a motorcycle even though I always whined.

Not giving the club a second glance, I hightailed out of there.

The wind whipped my hair, but the coldness was welcoming.