Chap 37- 7-1=0

"A vote appendicitis. It's a good thing you came in when you did. He needs to be admitted immediately" The doctor says.

"Hah.... We didn't realize he was laughing because of the pain" Hoseok says.

"Well, he laughed the last time I flicked him... But I had no idea it was this bad" Jimin says.

"I told you, I'm alright. I can perform. I just need.....painkillers" Yoongi says.

The arguments been going back and forth for a while now.

"In your state, that would bring overdoing it. See? Your face is even paler than it usually is" Seokjin says pointing out.

"Yeah, hyung, you should get treatment first" Namjoon nods his head agreeing to what Seokjin said.

"How can I? You all know how hard we worked for this performance" Yoongi let's out a frustrated whine.

"Hyung...." Jungkook calls out.

"Ill try to hold out for a little longer, somehow. So-"

"You don't have to be so stubborn! I know the performance is important, but you're more important to me, Yoongi" I decided to step in. My determination takes Yoongi by surprise.

"Yoongi will stay here to get treatment, and....the 6 of you will go on stage, yeah?" I say in a firm tone.

"Okay. Then we'll head out to the venue now. Take good care of Yoongi, please" Namjoon says.

"No, this is really important. Go with them, I'm okay" Yoongi says glancing at me.

I have to leave Yoongi alone or send the members to their first awards show without me... What should I do?

"I'll stay at the hospital with Yoongi" I say.

The 6 members will have each other. So they'll be fine without me.

"I told you to go with them" Yoongi says.

"Hyung! Don't you trust us? Watch, us, okay? We'll make sure to do really well" Taehyung reassures Yoongi.

"Yeah, you're going to make me mad if you keep being so stubborn" Jimin huffs.

I made a decision but it doesn't make me any less uneasy. It must show on my fave, because....

"Don't worry too much. I'll make sure the 5 kiddos and I don't get lost. We'll be back soon" Seokjin says patting my back in reassurance.

"I called the choreography director just now and we'll be able to make the adjustments" Hoseok says.

"We'll do our best!" Namjoon encourages us all.

The way each members firmly grips my hand provides me more consolation than i could imagine.

"Wait just a moment while we get your room ready" A nurse came and said.

A few minutes or so later she came back again and told us that the room was ready.

"Huh? Hold on"

Yoongi comes to a stop. He's looking at the TV in the lobby, where the Gayo Festival broadcast is playing. From the performance he had to miss to the Rookie of the Year award he must've coveted more than anyone. Watching would probably upset him, but.... Yoongi just silently stare at the TV screen.

"Make some noise or some incredible Rookies dress off their hot 2013 debut! The Bangtan Boys!"

A very familiar tune plays from the TV. There's nothing different in Yoongi's expression, but his firmly clenched hands and pressed lips show how nervous he is. The moment feels changed and all I can do is reach for his hands.

"Hah.... " He was confused by my actions.

Did I go too far?

Yoongi hesitates for a moment, then fixes my grip and squeeze my hand even harder.

"Phew... That was a good performance. I wasn't worried at all. I knew they'd do well. Okay, shall we go?" Yoongi gets up from his seated position.

Seeing Yoongi smile, I can finally relax.

"You don't want to watch them announce Rookie of the Year?" I ask as I follow him.

"It doesn't matter. I saw the most important thing" He says shrugging.

............................................................................

I sneak out of the hospital room once I see Yoongi fast asleep post operation. I missed so many messages....

Huh? What's this article link?

The Rookie of the Year winners made waves with the unique music off their record-breaking debut album, including amazing performance of No More Dream and...

"Manager!!..."

That's when I see some familiar faces at the far end of the hallway. They're quietly waving their hands in the air, and they're holding something between them. They mouth words at me frantically.

We...... Won.... An.... Award?

They're holding.....the Rookie of the Year trophy.

"Let's catch our breath before we go in. That was a lot of running. .... Hwooo... " Hoseok was panting, so easy the rest.

"Phew... Yoongi hyung's present. We have the award, right?" Jungkook asks his hyungs.

Taehyung holds up the trophy in lieu of a response.

"Ah! Manager why'd you cry so much when you saw the trophy earlier? You cried a little too hard for it to be happy tears" 6 pairs of curious eyed turn to look at me with anticipation as Taehyung finished his sentence.

Memories flash past my eyes, but they're not important anymore. The Bangtan Boys have proved themselves through skill.

"Just because I'm so proud of you, and so thankful. Well shall we go in? Yoongi's waiting" I grin at them.

Thankful for the fact that I've seen you rise up through the hard times glowing like a beautiful star. Thankful that I'm here with you guys through thick and thin in the past, just how I always wished and how proud I am to fall myself an ARMY!

And thankful for that I'm your manager~