Chap 28- There's No Time!

"Two, three, Bangtan! Hello, we're the Bangtan Boys!" The boys said in unison. We are currently at one of the broadcasting stations.

"Bang......what?" The broadcasting staff asks.

"Bangtan Boys! We're a hip hop idol group fighting against prejudice and....." Namjoon explains.

"Ah, please leave" She says, in a bored done.

"Okay...." Whispered Namjoon.

First try failed!

"Two, three. Bang! Tan! Hello....."

"So, where are you from again?" The broadcasting staff of another agency asks.

"Here's our business card!" I hand him the card.

"Another agency I've never heard of....put your name on the list." He says pointing towards his table.

"The list?" I ask, nor sure if I heard it correctly.

"Of small and medium sized agencies we call when we need an emergency back up act" The staff explained further.

"M-manager. We might have to wait.....10 years to get our turn" Hoseok's voice shakes as he picks up a thick file, eyes wide.

Second try failed!

"Two, three. Bang! Ta-"

"Read the sign on the door" The broadcasting staff of the agency we are currently says shooting a glare towards us.

"'No so.....liciting'" Taehyung reads it out loud.

"Are we.....soliciting?" Jimin asks, his plum mouth in a thin line.

"Yes, and we don't buy" She says turning towards her computer.

The real world is harsher and crueler than I could've imagined. No matter how many times we get rejected. It never gets any easier. It hurts every time.

Third try failed

I sigh as soon as we reach the boys dorm, taking a seat on the couch.

"Manager! Are you tired??" Hoseok asks noticing my tired expression.

"Don't push yourself too hard! We're not going anywhere" Jungkook says giving a sincere smile.

"No it's not that....." I say.

"You're all clammy. Do you feel sick?" Jimin asks.

"I feel like... We're running out of time. I'm nervous" I confessed, rubbing my hands, trying to calm my nerves.

"I believe we have....plenty of time?" Jimin says.

"We're still young and cute - especially me" Seokjin reassures.

"It's not like we have a deadline. Why are you so nervous?" Yoongi asks across from me, his eyes scanning my face as if he was trying to read me.

Actually....the president said.....by the end of June?

President
You know it's my money your spending every day to rent practice space and keep those boys in the dorm??

President
On that note, if they don't debut by the end of the month....hehe

"Manager. Are you okay? You look pale" Taehyung asks shaking my shoulder a bit. I nodded at him and smiled as a thanks, gulping down the water he handed.

Not sure when he brought the glass of water.

They're working so hard already. I can't burden them with this time bomb. I have to keep this to myself.

"Okay! So, at this next studio, I called and made an appointment in advance!" I tell the boys, right after sending a couple of messages at the next studio we gonna show up at.

"Alright! Maybe they'll treat us nicer since you called ahead." Seokjin says trying to lighten up the sulking mood.

"Right! That's what I was thinking!" Seokjin and I did a high-five.

"Great! Let's go!" Hoseok jumps out from the couch, others mirroring his actions.

The sight of them teasing each other makes me smile. But as happy as I feel, one corner of my heart aches.

I hope they make it.