☀︎︎𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶☀︎︎

Start from the beginning

"I'm finna go, Aisha." I told her.

"Lemme walk with you."

I let her walk with me to my car. I could tell she was feeling me.

Just as I began to get in, she stopped me.

"I don't get a hug?"

Quickly, I gave her a side hug before going back home.

_______

The house was quiet meaning that they were asleep. Jia would freak on me if I came in there like I did last night, but I wanted to see my kid.

I crept into the room and tried to reach over her to pick him up. I almost reached him when I had woken her up.

"Please, don't. Please, don't do this today. I've had such a hard day with him, Savior. Just let him sleep."

"Majia, I'm just tryna see him. That's it."

"Then, you should've been here to see him when he was awake not when he just went to sleep and you come in smelling like perfume."

I should've known that Aisha would be wearing it.

"Ight, Ima take a shower, but I'll be here when he wakes up." I forfeited

"Okay." She turned over to go back to sleep.

___

I woke up with no one else in the end and the sun hindering my sight.

I wanted to be in here with Samari when he woke up. But, he wasn't beside me anymore. It sucked that I had to start my day off in my bed alone before going to a fucking funeral.

I took a shower and got dressed. Jia didn't have time to braid my hair, so it was in a back bun thingy.

I went downstairs to see where she was, and she was putting in her shoes.

She was stunning. Her hair was in an afro with one side pinned back. Jia was wearing a form firing black dress with black heels. I had never seen her in such formal wear.

"You look good."

"I know."

Of course she did.

"Where Mari at?"

"My mama picked him up for the day. She's gonna drop him off later."

"Ight, I ain't know she was gon-"

"Be grateful that we have help. And, by the way, you running late." She walked out the door.

I finished getting myself together. If I was late, I knew that Shawn was looking for me for support. Thought I didn't know how much support I would be right now, I needed to be there.

I got there as fast as I could. It was more crowded then I expected. The church was pretty nice. The carpet was a dark red and the stained glass partially blocked the sun that was beaming inside. In the center against the wall was a large silver cross that orange and red flowers sat in front of.