☀︎︎𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿☀︎︎

"𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓"
SAVIOR |sav
APRIL
Atlanta 📍

Next week would be the anniversary of my father's death. Every year me, Rashawn, Mari, and Messy used to go down to the cemetery and bring a bunch of stuff to him. It was like a family update. We brought him some things that meant something to us recently. Like, I brought him my favorite painting last year. I assumed that we would still go this year.

I didn't have the courage nor the energy to talk to my mama. This shit had been bringing me down all week.

I had been going over my options for an hour about what to do. I was at a cross roads.

I wanted to believe what Gee was telling me yesterday, but I couldn't bring myself to ask my mama. I knew my mama wouldn't have lied to me about this for so long. She wasn't that type of person.

Gee didn't get that I had been looking for the nigga that killed my pops since I was a teenager. She was fucked up for keeping something so serious from me. I thought we were closer than all that secretive shit, but I guess we weren't.

It was almost impossible to win any type of argument with Majia. She was so entitled to her opinion that there wasn't a way to sway her, but her mama told me to be patient with her.

When Gee's mama pulled me aside. She told me to be patient with her and that Gee wasn't as unloving as she seemed sometimes. I needed to keep that in the back of my mind and be understanding of the situation

Even if I didn't wanna talk to mama, I had to go check on Mani anyway. I needed to stop dwelling on this and letting what Jia was hiding from me get me so upset. My mama told me not to let her make me lose myself.

I took a shower, got dressed, and ate something for lunch, even though it was about three. I quickly drove over to their house and walked in.

No one was in the living room, so I went to Mani's room and knocked on the door.

"Who the fuck-" I heard before the door opened.

"Yo, what's good?" I walked into his room and sat down.

"Nigga, how you just gon walk in here like that? I'm talking to my girl, bruh."

Girl? She had to be stupid to be with him, because the nigga was stupid too.

"You ain't got no girl. But ight, Ima be back then." I got up and went upstairs to look for my mama.

I was here, so why not know?

"Mama!" I called down the hall.

"Yes, Junior?!" I heard her yell back from her room.

I walked into her room and saw her sitting on her bed watching TV. Sitting on the edge, I thought of how to start this conversation.

"Can I ask you sum?"

"Okay." She didn't take her eyes off the TV.

"Why did my pops get killed?"

Ma jumped like someone had just tried to hit her. After that, she paused the show and turned to look at me.

"Savior, please don't start today. We all know he died from gang violence."

I looked down at my hands, "So, you don't who killed him?"

She took a minute to answer, but she still said, "all I know is that Mar, your lil friend's dad, had sum to do with it."