Chapter 22

“Baby, do you really have to go?" Sunghoon asked.

“Yes Hoonie. I have to write a report and then boom my studies will be over. So i definitely have to, if not I can't graduate "

“Can't you make someone else to do it? Or fake it?"

“Hun, what are you even saying?" Sunoo asked I'm disbelief.

“Ha ha I was just kidding. I'm gonna miss you so bad"

“I will miss you too. But don't worry I'll call you everyday  on my free time" Sunoo said hugging Sunghoon. Just like that Sunoo was gone for a week for his field study.

Sunghoon's pov

I came home after hanging out with Jay. It's been three days  without Sunoo. He's been calling me everyday but still it feels so empty. But when I entered my home I can sense something is not right. Everyone seems very upset.

“Oh you came. Shall I bring dinner dear?" My mom asked.

“No mom, I ate with Jay"

“Again pizza?"

“No mom, Jay bought me steak today"

“Okay dear, sleep early" my mom said patting my shoulder.

“Mom, have you all ate?"

“Yes Sunghoon we all already ate. You should sleep early, go" my dad said.

Jake smiled at me and went to his room. And I followed him.
“What happened Jake? Why are you all so upset? Did something happened? Tell me "

“Nothing Hoonah, go to sleep"

“Tell me, I'm your brother. What are you guys hiding from me?"

Jake seems so distracted. I know he was debating inside whether to tell me or not.

“it's okay Jake. I'm your brother. I may not able to help, but at least I can listen to your worries. Tell me what made you guys so upset?" Finally he spoke.

“You know Lia right?"

“Your colleague?"

“Yes, we fell in love, made plans and planned to take the next step with her" Jake said.

“woah woah.. Wait, how come you never said you dating a girl?but what's problem in that?" I asked.

“it's a long story man. I proposed her and she said ok. So I told mom.... "

“wait, wait. Let me progress. You dated a girl now you are going to marry her and mom knew about too? How come I don't know anything in this house?" I asked him.

“Sunghoon, Listen first. I told them yesterday only. She told me to meet our families. So I brought mom and dad to meet them. And things went wrong"

“Things went wrong? Why what happened?"

“ I should have never brought our dad you know. The first thing he asked was whether I have my own apartment. Then he proceeds to insult our family and dad's work " Jake said and tears started to fill his eyes.

“it's all my fault Sunghoon. Dad never said a word against that man there. Even when I was about to say something he told me to be silent. I am really lost Hoonah. I made our dad sad. I know how much he has done for us and I can't stand how that man insulted our family just like that"

I was really shocked by what Jake said. They might have said more than what Jake told me. Thats why they are upset.

“What that girl said?"

“She said she will listen to her father. You know at least if she loved me truly I would have been happy "

“You know if you truly loved you means, she wouldn't care about our financial status right?" I said tapping his shoulder.

“yeah.but I made mom and dad take the insult because of me"

“Don't worry Jake. Everything will be alright. I promise. I know it will take time, but we will overcome this. Okay?"

When I came back to my room, I noticed thing which I haven't for ages. My home is really is the same for years. Nothing changed. We don't even own a car. Dad has worked hard for us. Jake has a good job now, but it's been only six months. I should study well and get a good job to make my family proud. Because I haven't done even a single thing for them.

Suddenly thoughts of Sunoo popped in my mind. At certain point I also have to take our relationship to next level. I should tell my family. I don't know how they will react. And Sunoo is hella rich. Will his parents also treat my parents bad? Insult them? Will be against our relationship? Sunoo will also leave me? Questions exploded in my head and thoughts about future clouded my mind. I should land in a decent job to keep him well. And make our parents trust in our relationship. I must do something.