Take a Break ×Deuce Spade X Reader×

Requested by @_GRIMOIRE_

Hope you like it (≧▽≦).

Your club activities ended early so you packed your stuff and quickly bid goodbye to Malleus Draconia, who is the president of your club-- the Gargoyles Research Club. You know, the club's weird and it's weirder that you joined, but the members are kind to you and you started to have some interests in . . . Gargoyles.

You ran through the halls down to the ground floor, you even got a shout from Riddle Rosehearts-- the hall monitor. I hope their club activities isn't over yet.

You pass through the big doors of the school and ran again to the fields. Usually, the Equestrian Club's the one who's using the fields but they don't have some activities today, they just fed the horses and left. You stopped and smiled while panting. He's still there.

The Track and Field club members ran around the field, shouting that sounds like an army starting a war. You put your bag on the ground as the group passed infront of you.

"GOOD JOB, GUYS!" You shouted at them while waving. You always watches their club activities so you've grown close to the members.

Some of them smiled at you, a navy haired guy looked at you, he blushed and averted his gaze. You blushed, too.

The guy's name is Deuce Spade, your boyfriend and a Heartslabyul student. You watched as their group stopped for a break and Deuce ran towards you.

"How's your club?" He asked. You smiled.

"Great," you opened your bag and pulled a bottle of water, you handed it to him.

"Thanks," he opened the bottle and chug the contents.

"Hey, hey, drink slowly. You're still on a break, you know?"

"Yeah, but I have to get back there," he handed you the now empty bottle. "You can go back first, I'll text you later."

You nodded as he ran back to the other members. He's always like that, hard-working, that's why you fall for him. But, sometimes, it hurts to see him overwork himself.

Like . . .

"Hey, Deuce, let's have lunch together," you approached him after morning classes.

"Oh, [Y/N], I'm sorry, I can't. The principal just called us," he said.

You just smiled at him, trying not to look too worried.

"It's okay, go. You can't make that old principal wait," you waved at him and headed to the cafeteria.

And . . 

You were invited for the Unbirthday Party of the Heartslabyul dorm. Everyone's already eating but you noticed Deuce wandering around the area near the rose bushes. You walk towards him with a piece of strawberry tart.

"What are you doing?" You asked him, handing him the tart.

"I'll eat it later," he said. "I'm checking the rose bushes, maybe they're still some unpainted roses and Dorm Leader Riddle might see it."

You just sighed and stayed near him.

And then yesterday . . .

"Principal Crowley asked us to help clean the school before Holidays so maybe I'm not free this week," he said.

"It's okay, I'll just help you," you offered, but he shook his head.

"You don't have to, you still have to help with the Mostro Lounge, right?" You nodded at him.