Chapter 45: Leah VS. Kadiah

Start from the beginning

'Wh-what is going on? Why can't I land a single attack?' Leah asked herself while in shock. 'Am I really not fast enough? Is Kadiah actually quicker than me?' Kadiah then began shooting again as Leah flipped into the air, dodging her attack. 'No... that's not it. I'm faster than her. And her attacks are pretty slow too. I wouldn't be able to dodge them otherwise. The problem... The problem is...'

"What do you think about this?!" Kadiah yelled with a smirk while shooting a quite bigger blast.

Leah noticed it and jumped up high, only to land on a tree branch some moments later. 'The problem is that she's floating in mid-air!' Kadiah showed Leah a childish smirk at that moment as this last one began analyzing the situation. 'Close combat techniques and martial arts like the ones I use are meant to be applied in plain ground. The only time I attempted to use them in mid-air was when Ravi and I fought that giant servitor back in the Cosmodrome. But even then it only worked because that monster was huge!'

"What's wrong, Leah? You give up already?"

'Kadiah is a lot smaller than that machine, and she has probably trained a lot in air maneuvering as well. It's only normal that I feel out of my element here' Leah realized something else at that moment. 'But wait a sec! If that's true, then maybe... Yeah... That has to be it!'

Without thinking twice, Leah jumped once again towards Kadiah. "Come on! Haven't you learned your lesson?! You won't land any attack on me while I'm on the air!"

"I'm counting on that!" The human girl headed straight towards Kadiah. And just like before, the awoken warlock dodged in a playful way, only to startle in surprise mere moments later. "You are not getting away this time!" Leah then yelled as she swiftly twirled her body in mid-air and took a strong firm grip of her friend's long coat.

"Wh-what the...?!" Before Kadiah could finish, she was pulled all the way down and smacked against the floor by Leah. "AGH!" the warlock groaned as her body hit the ground hard. Then, she stood back up as fast as she could, but it was too late already. Leah was right in front of her and ready to fight her from up close this time. "Ggh! Oh no!"

"Gotcha!"

Finally, Leah attacked and landed a potent blow on Kadiah's gut. And just like that, she kept on going with more, a bit pulled back, punches and kicks which Kadiah was desperately trying to block and dodge with what little close combat skills she actually had.

"ACK!" Kadiah groaned as she received an elbow attack on her cheek.

'Seems like I was right after all!' Leah thought. 'Kadiah has and incredible control over her void guardian powers, but from what I've seen so far, her fighting style is one in which she has to keep her distance from the opponent at every time...'

...

...

...

'And the reason for it is more than clear!'

Leah made a small jump and then landed a sudden spin-kick which Kadiah barely managed to block.

'She has almost no martial arts skills at all!'

Kadiah was pushed backwards due to Leah's kick. Then, she immediately tried to float in the air again. But just before she could actually do it, Leah rushed to attack her once more.

"Oh no, I don't think so! I'm going to end this right now!"

The huntress aimed to hit Kadiah again and finish her off. But then, she was unexpectedly stopped on her tracks... by a void forcefield the warlock created before she got hit.