Chapter 54: Vex Army

Hours earlier...

The terrible fight against the Vex that took place at the entrance to the Vault of Glass had finally calmed down, and the lots of trainees present were finally able to rest from all the chaos that had happened not so long ago. Lord Shaxx and Cayde took that time to gather everyone in a plain safe area. However, it didn't take that long for them to realize how bad the situation really was.

"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!" Lord Shaxx yelled in absolute anger. "THE MYSTERIOUS VAULT OF GLASS... A FASCINATING PLACE OF VAST RICH KNOWLEDGE, AND WITH NO VEX ACTIVITY IN CENTURIES... WHAT A BAD JOKE!"

"Calm down, Shaxx" Cayde replied. "There's no point in complaining anymore at this point. What's done is done"

"Ha! As relaxed as always I see. You know? You are the last person I wanna hear that from"

"What? You think I'm not worried myself too?!"

"What I think... is that you don't fully understand the danger of the predicament we are in. JUST LOOK AROUND YOU!" Shaxx raised his hands. "We have more than 40 injured trainees! 15 of them with grave and very painful wounds!"

"And that's not all" Vuk suddenly barged in along with Bojan. "We just checked, and we also have 6 missing trainees, including 2 supervisors from the 2nd and 3rd year"

"What?!" Shaxx asked in panic as Cayde startled.

"As you heard. Somewhen during the fight, those 6 trainees disappeared completely" Bojan added. "What's worse, communication signals are blocked for some reason, so we can't even make contact with their ghosts"

Right after hearing that, Lord Shaxx turned around in extreme fury. "AAARRGH!!!" the titan yelled as he kicked and smashed a very big nearby rock, startling everyone around. "I guess... we don't have a choice" he continued after calming down. "We are gonna need some back up to deal with this"

...

...

...

Back at the present with Ravi, Leah and the others...

"How long has it been already?" Ravi asked his ghost.

"Almost 2 hours" Wire replied as Leah and Gamia turned to face the bluenette.

"You don't have to force yourself that much either" the huntress commented. "Using your technique at every moment must be tiring after all"

"I know, but Idus trusted me to keep an eye for any suspicious thing that could happen. I need to stay focused" Ravi bluntly replied.

Then, Gamia intervened. "That's not entirely true. We are here too, you know? If anything does end up happening, we'll deal with it together"

"What gamia said" Leah added with a soft grin. "I'm not saying you shouldn't be on guard, just... take it easy for a minute"

Ravi remained pensive for a while and then let out a tiny chuckle. "Hehe... Very well..." He then stretched a bit and turned to face Gamia. "To be honest, I still have a question for you"