Chapter 6: City Tour

It was 8am now and Ravi slowly opened his eyes. Leah was still there, and she just couldn't help but to gasp from happiness after noticing Ravi had regained consciousness once again.

"Ravi..." the young girl muttered in a soft and relieved voice. "You are finally awake. For a moment I thought..." She stopped mid-sentence as a few tears fell from her eyes.

"Yeah... I'm ok" Ravi replied while still a bit confused. "Wh-what happened? The last thing I remember is punching that fallen maniac with all I had... and then..."

"Well, you managed to beat him"

"Ah? Really?"

"Yes... but you passed out later. That's why I had to carry you and take you all the way to the ship"

"I see"

Just then, Ravi noticed Leah was actually wearing some completely different clothes now: a tight and long white turtle-neck sweater with sleeves that reached her wrists, some black tight and comfy-looking pants, and a pair of dark brown boots. It was a more casual and not so protective outfit which by the way, highlighted Leah's stunning silhouette with ease.

"Why are you wearing that?" the boy asked, a bit puzzled. "Aren't you afraid that the Fallen might find us? You should be ready to fight again"

"Don't worry. There are no Fallen here" the young girl replied with a soft smile.

"No Fallen? What do you mean? And where are we anyway?" he asked once again while standing out of curiosity and approaching the nearest window.

"Hey, wait! You are still in bad condition. You should lay down and rest"

Ravi opened the curtain and then, he startled in complete surprise at the sight of a totally new and almost futuristic landscape. It was... a city, a wide, modernized and very populated city. Completely different from the one the bluenette visited as a kid. There were lots of tall buildings, cozy houses, and crowded streets with lots of people of different kinds. What is more, there was an extremely HUGE white sphere just floating in mid-air. Almost like a tiny moon resting above everything.

"A... amazing!" Ravi slowly claimed as he had no words to describe such scenery.

"Do you like it? This is the Last City of humanity" Leah claimed with a grin. "The place were almost all remaining humans leave in peace along with the awoken and the exos"

"Awoken? Exos?"

Leah giggled a bit after noticing Ravi had no idea what she was talking about. "Don't worry, I'll tell you everything..." She then changed into a more serious tone. "...AFTER you lay down and rest" she finally lectured the innocent boy.

And so, after getting comfortable and clearing her throat, Leah finally put Ravi up to date with everything she knew about the history of humanity...

...

...

...

Long ago, humanity took notice of a very strange and unusual object suddenly floating above the surface of planet Mars. Therefore, after sending an specialized team to investigate the red planet, humanity startled in shock at the fact that such interesting object was in fact almost like a tiny white satellite... with a life of its own.

That's right, the weird floating object was alive, but more than that, it had the peculiar and surprising ability to... terraform... which basically meant it could change the atmosphere, weather, ecosystem, and characteristics of an entire planet in any way it wished.