Chapter 12: Paranoia

"Well, that was a shitshow," I said and dropped onto the bed in the attic.

"Yeah," Charlie agreed and sat beside me. "I can't believe Percy would come here and then leave."

"He left this," I said and held up the gift that he had refused.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Charlie said.

"You didn't do anything. And he's your brother," I said and sighed, setting the gift aside. "Your mother is really upset."

Charlie frowned and looked at the floor.

"George and Fred are really angry at him," I said and laid back on the bed.

"It's just because we all love him so much," Charlie answered and laid back as well.

"I'm getting nervous for him. This has been going on for a long time."

"Longer than I thought it would," Charlie agreed. "Other than that, it was a nice day. I really like my socks."

I turned to rest my head on Charlie's chest when the door opened.

"Knock, knock," Bill said as he barged in. "Is everyone decent?"

"Shut up, William," I said and hid my face in Charlie's shirt.

"Someone's cranky," Bill said and swatted at my foot as he walked by.

"Lay off," Charlie muttered. "It's been a rough day."

"Fair enough," Bill said and took a seat on the other bed in the room. "So, do you like Fleur?"

"She's hot," I said and perked up for a moment.

"I know that," Bill said and rolled his eyes, "but do you like her?"

"She seems fine enough," I said.

"Yeah," Charlie agreed.

"I don't think mum's a big fan of her," Bill said and sighed. "It's a shame. You know, we got engaged a bit ago."

"Really? Congratulations," Charlie said.

"You'll come to the wedding?"

"Of course," Charlie said. "Write me the date and I'll get the day off."

"Oh, uh, no plus one," Bill said quietly and gestured to me. "Limited seating."

"Fuck off," I said and sat up.

"I'm joking, I'm joking. Of course you're invited, brat," Bill said and shook his head. "But you have to dress up. There's a dress code. You can't be looking like you do now at my wedding."

"You're a little bitch tonight," I said and stood up.

"Every night," he corrected with a grin. I grabbed a pillow and smacked him in the face with it.

"I did not miss you one bit, you ass," I said and hit him again before dropping the pillow onto the bed again.

"You're such a liar. I can't stand idly by while my baby brother involves himself with such a fabulist."

"Bill!" I hissed.

"Y/N," he said in a mocking tone.

"Charlie," I whined and turned to him for back-up. Bill did the same.

"Not getting involved," he said and folded his arms behind his head.

"I always knew you two would end up together," Bill said.

"You didn't know shit," I scoffed.

"You kiss my brother with that mouth?"

"That's fucked."