☀︎︎𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬☀︎︎

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Sav. What's up, man?"

"Can I get like 4 shots of Henny?"

"You know I got you."

I had been here for two nights. Me and Jamie, the owner, used to be friends in highschool. He was always there if I needed a place to stay for the night.

There were a lot of people hanging out in here. The music was alright, and the space itself was alright too. But, the people that came in here never looked like they went through anything. Everyone that came in here looked like they were having the time of their lives.

On the other hand, I was in here doing the complete opposite. I came in here because my life had taken another horrid turn. I came in here because I had no where else to go.

Time was passing by too slow.

"Lemme get a shot of tequila."  I had to try something else.

Maybe, it was time to go smoke. The alcohol wasn't doing what I hoped it would.

There was a tap on my shoulder.

"Hm?" I turned around from the bar.

A lady with long red locs was standing in front of me.

"You look lonely."

"For real?" I was drunk.

"Mhmm, come on." She gestured to the crowd of people dancing, "I like this song."

I was dragged by my hand into the group of people. The air was humid.

"What's your name?" She asked me over the loud reggae playing.

"Sav."

"My name Aisha." Aisha placed my hands on her hips and turned around.

I looked down to see her whining to the music. I had to think about my next move. Did I dance with her or go back to the bar?

I had to remember that the people here were happy. They were carefree. To be like that, I had to loosen up.

Aisha bent down in her red dress and I let my hands change positions. My left hand stayed firmly on her waist, but my right moved to the center of her back. She was grinding  on me, and it was only right for me to give her something to work with.

The song she liked ended and she turned back around satisfied.

"You seem like fun, Sav."

I could've laughed, "I'm glad."

"I'm serious. "

"I know."  Something didn't feel right. "Look, uh, I gotta go. I'll see you." I started to walk off.

"Okay. Nice meeting you." She smiled at me.

I waved bye to Jamie.

Once in my car, I sparked up a blunt. Nothing else was working. Neither drinking or dancing was distracting me tonight. So, I had to go back to what I knew best.

After a few hits, I felt more mellow. Things almost felt normal or, rather, they would have if there wasn't a replay of my brother being killed in the back of my mind.

I drove home. It wasn't far.

The door was locked, but I had the key in my pocket.

It was completely dark downstairs and quiet too.

Upstairs, it was the same. All the lights were off. It was silent.

I went into our room and turned on the light.

Jia was in the bed with Samari laying on her chest. I hadn't seen her in a bit, but that was okay. She was here and she was safe.

She woke up confused. "Savior?"

"Hey, baby." I walked over to them.

Majia placed Mari on the far side of the bed and moved away from me.

"You smell like liquor and weed and I haven't seen you in almost two days. Where have you been?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm here now. Let me see my son." I reached out for him but, again, I was stopped.

"Savior, Ion know where the hell you're coming from crossfaded like this, but you know you not finna hold my son coming in here after two days of being who knows where." She was getting irritated with me.

But, it didn't matter. I just wanted to hold my son.

"Just lemme see him, Gee. Don't be difficult about it."

Uh oh. She got out the bed.

"Samari, just went to sleep. Hold him if you're here when he wakes up."

"Ion know if Ima be here, though."

"That ain't my problem."

"Bae, don't be like that. I was out cause Ion wanna deal with everything that's going on right now. I ain't mean to not come back. I just got caught up."

"I know, and I've been understanding. I haven't called you or texted you, Sav. I've been giving you your space."

"Yea, I 'preciate that."

"But, please, do not come in here drunk and high tryna pick up Mari. He new and Ion want him to get sick." She crawled back into bed.

"My fault."

Now, my girlfriend was mad at me too. I was trying to be reckless when it came to coming home and seeing my kid, but clearly that's what she saw it as.

___________________________________

yikes, y'all probably mad at me

yall sad over Armanis's death? how should savior handle it?

vote and share !

much love 💕