"Don't you wonder why someone would name a bar something so disgusting?" Izzie asks.

"Keep your panties on, Nancy Drew." Cristina says.

"The race is completely illegal, and-" George tries to get out.

"Crazy, a bunch of bike messengers racing against traffic-" Meredith is cut off by Evi.

"trying to beat each other for free shots of tequila." Evi finishes with a smile.

"All-out, no holds barred competition, sounds like fun." Alex says.

"Yeah, you would think that." Izzie says.

"The race doesn't even have any rules-" George says.

"Except eye gouging - no eye gouging." Cristina inputs rapidly.

"Oh great, we're going to be trapped in the Pit bandaging up idiots when we could be up in the OR?" Cristina says.

"What kind of people engage in a race that has, as its only rule, that you can't rip out the eyeballs of another human being?" George questions.

"Men, Georgie, men." Alex says.

"I need someone to get up to the OR floor, the Chief needs a right hand." Bailey says turning towards the interns. Everyone's hands shoot up.

"George." She picks.

And number four: everything, everything is a competition.

"Okay people, the rules of trauma. Don't mingle with the ER interns, they don't know their ass from their esophagus. Sew fast, discharge fast, take bodies up to the OR yesterday. Don't let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it? Come on, let's go."

The interns run and jostle towards the patients.

"Oh, it's like candy, but with blood, which is so much better." Cristina says.

"Yes! It's amazing!" Evi says excitedly.

"Oh my god..." Izzie says.

"Mine!" Cristina says when her eyes land on a patient.

"I saw him first!" Izzie says taking off after Cristina.

Whoever said that winning wasn't everything...

Evi sees a guy with nails sticking out of his side. She instantly takes off towards him.

"Ooh. I'll take that guy." Meredith says following Evi.

"No, you'll have to beat me to him first." Alex says.

"He's mine!" Evi says taking off towards the patient.

...never held a scalpel.

"Heads he's mine, tails he's yours." Alex says to the two girls holding a coin. 

"Why do you get to be heads?" Evi says.

"Because I have a head, and honey you have a tail." He says and Evi gapes at him.

"Excuse us." Evi says pulling the curtain closed in front of the patient.

"How do you make everything dirty?" Evi scolds.

Alex flips the coin.

"Ha. Tails. There are plenty of other cases." Meredith says, snatching the coin from Alex's hand.

"So go get one. I was here first." He says.

"That is not how a coin flip works!" Evi exclaims refusing to lose the patient.