1

Chapter 1, just a short character intro

Jason was three years old when he arrived at Camp Jupiter. He had survived the Wolf House and now was enlisted as Probatio in the Legion. There was one other Son of Jupiter. A year older than Jason, his name was Silas. Silas was taken to the Wolf House as a newborn, he survived and was taken into Camp. He trained harder than anyone there, to prove himself to his father. Silas was the Golden Boy of CJ, he was the personification of the word Hero. Silas was strong, courageous and just. People loved him even if he was in the Fifth Cohort by choice. He was just like Jason, followed the rules, he was kind, but some saw him as too perfect. Silas had very severe abandonment issues, having never met his mother or family. Silas was great at almost everything he did, despite only being four years old.

Silas and Jason were best friends, being half brothers and all. Silas was Jason's hero. Silas had blond hair, in neat Roman style, he had his father's electric blue eyes mixed with a storm cloud grey, he had some of his father's facial features, but most of his appearance was from his mother apparently. Silas had all the same powers that Jason had, Silas was a very good swordsman, Silas had an Imperial Gold gladius that was gifted to him by Jupiter and forged by Vulcan himself. When Silas was ten, he became the Centurion of the Fifth Cohort. He was so proud of himself, but knew he could do better. To him, he had to do better. Silas always thought he wasn't good enough, his father was the king of the gods. But, Silas was actually an incredibly powerful demigod, many gods described him as the most powerful demigod they had ever seen, including Juno herself. While Juno hated most of Jupiter's demigod children, she didn't hate Silas and Jason, they were her champions. Juno had blessed Silas when he was a baby, she could sense his power before he was even born. In fact, Silas was also blessed by the four wind gods, Aquilon, Auster, Vulturnus and Favonius, his aerokinesis was much better and more powerful. Silas possessed the ability to travel through wind, much like shadow traveling, but Silas didn't use it much as it required a lot of energy.

Eventually, Silas was made Praetor when he was twelve. When he was, Jupiter sent him an Imperial Gold dagger that belonged to his mother. Jupiter had given the dagger to Silas' mother, a clear sighted mortal, to protect her from monsters. It was then that Jupiter visited his son in a dream and told him about his mother. "My son, your mother's name was Phoebe King. She was clear sighted, I fell in love with her instantly. She was a kind, gentle person, beautiful beyond compare. When we found out about you, we were overjoyed but then we remembered Juno's nature and her jealousy. I gave her that dagger to protect herself and you when she ran away, trying to avoid Juno's wrath. But the monsters caught up with you first. When your mother died, I asked the four winds to carry you to the Wolf House." Jupiter hadn't realized but he was crying when he spoke of Phoebe. Silas had also begun crying and he hugged his father. For his age, Silas was quite tall, about 5'2", and he would definitely grow.