Chapter Twelve: 63

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I was caught, with Maya. Patel wanted us to be with you when you woke up, just so you would chill. By the way, I've got news. Eric Cane, and Hannah Thompson both escaped during the attack the other day. That may be good, but over twenty five Resistance members were caught, which means that BrickStone got twenty five new rats." He spat. I smiled at the thought of them escaping, but it was for a high price.

"How did they get you? Where were you caught?" I asked, sitting up. I accepted the toast Mark gave me and started to eat.

"Maya is a new addition to the list, and there's one more. We don't know who they are, it's a male though. We were in Queens, near where you grew up Silver. Someone tipped BrickStone off and they stormed us immediately." I shifted uncomfortably as Tyler walked in. He was holding a battered up Collin in his hands, and dumped him on the floor.

"I must say, you two have impeccable timing. If you had been here a day before, this wouldn't have happened! Silver, take care of him. He decided to join in on the great prison escape. I'll have someone bring you all food, don't try to leave." He slammed the door and I heard it lock. Maya ran over to Collin and inspected his wounds.

"He's burning up, and his pulse is weak. He must have some kind of virus or something, but if he doesn't get medication, I don't know what's going to happen to him." I grabbed my pager and paged Henry.

"What do you want Silver?" He sounded tired and hostile. I felt really bad.

"I wouldn't call you unless it was an emergency. Collin is super sick, can you bring us a first aid kit and some food and water?" I asked, and got a sigh in return.

"We have strict orders saying that we can't enter the room Silver, I'm sorry. However, there is a first aid kid underneath the sink, along with thermometers, and pregnancy test." I didn't want to know why I would need a pregnancy test. I ran to the bathroom, and grabbed the red box.

"Thank you so much Henry, and I'm so sorry about yesterday." He didn't respond. I threw the kit to Maya who began working on him.

"So why does Tyler want you?" I asked her. Mark grabbed a cup and filled it with water from the bathroom. I then started to coax it down Collin's throat.

"Mechanic, I specialise in weapons. Mark's a tracker, and you're the assassin. He has really made the perfect team for himself." I was confused at that statement. Maya saw my face and laughed.

"Tyler needs protection. He needs the best tracker, to keep threats away, the best mechanic who can make the best weapons, and the best assassin who can fire them. Coyle was wanted because Tyler had a family member that needed protecting." Maya started to bandage Collin.

"Why is he framing civilians now? Biggest load of crap I've ever heard. He has enough rats as it is." I snapped, and Mark chuckled.

"Krissy Bello, Jared's sister eh? Yep, she's innocent all right. It was a ploy to get Jared here, and he was almost here." Maya was young, around Collin's age. With raven black hair and brown eyes, she was the last person that I would expect to be a mechanic. She sounded French though, with a stronger accent.

"So is Tyler going to go insane because he didn't get Jared?" I asked, and Collin shifted.

"I love you Emmy." He whispered in his sleep. I wondered if she was here, probably not. She was probably back home, Collin hadn't shot her. Mark placed him on the bed.

"He's going to wake up soon. Everything is happening all at once, but I guess it will calm down. Don't expect another prison break anytime soon though." He frowned. 

"Let me guess, he doubled up on the guards and everything. Who was his family member that needed protection?" I asked, this was new to me. 

"He has a little brother, don't know his name. You take out the brother, you take out Tyler. Of course, BrickStone is too big to collapse immediately, but it'll take a strain." Maya answered. I clapped once.