Chapter 20: How Could I Prepare?

"It's been decided," Fouco walked into the room where Rosa and Hector sat waiting. After they made their speeches to the board of the family. Hector pleaded to the board for Sebastian and Rosa made her points for Francesco. The family had looked in disgusted hearing Sebastian's actions against not only Francesco but the family. There were hesitancies within everyone that made the decision but it was final. "Francesco and Sebastian will fight...to the death."

"Well, are you happy?" Hector said bitterly.

"No one is happy about this," Rosa said. "You think it is justifiable to excuse such harmful behavior? All because of this jealousy that's grown within him."

"From what I've seen how the family treat's their favorites, it intoxicating and dangerous. I even heard from Francesco how Francesca treated her sisters just because she got treated better. I know she looks like the rest of us but to treat your own family like their lower than you is despicable. I am very relieved that Parish and Serin haven't succumbed to jealousy or antics such as this."

"One of our sons is going to die..." Hector said letting it sit in his stomach. They all sat in silence, their father would be so disappointed in them. He would never want this for his grandchildren. And their brother would be disappointed right along with them. Lenny having his own mental health issues, Sebastian was trying to tear down Francesco, and Francesco was taking the backlash from poor parenting, being a terrible husband even though the truth was revealed, and how he had to take life once more.

"How could we let this happen again?" Fuoco said. "Our father had to do this and now its in our sons?"

"Generational curses," Rosa said standing up. "Now excuse me while I go deliver the news," She nodded at the two. "We all should prepare ourselves."

____________________________________________

Francesco was where he usually was when he wasn't working, up under Serenity or was near her. They were both sitting on the couch in the living room, he was leaned up against the arm of the couch and he had Serenity laying up against him in between his legs. She was reading a book and he was just simply existing.

Their kids were out and about having bonding time and they had the whole house to themselves. Serenity felt how Francesco held on to her a little tighter nowadays. And how he was putting his focus on her. It was like he was trying not to worry about Sebastian's situation and she didn't want to think about it either but they sat waiting for Rosa to tell them something.

And it seems to happen like clockwork.

Rosa walked through the door and saw them and smiled sweetly, but it went away when she saw Francescos eyes connect with her. Looking at her with all seriousness. Asking that burning question. And even though Serenity wasn't looking at her she felt the energy shift in the room.

"So, what's the verdict?" Serenity heard him say but she just kept her eyes on the book. Then she felt him hold his breath.

"You can't just kill him," Rosa started. "You two have to fight, no guns and as much as you want Sebastians head on your wall, you can't use your machete until the very end. He has to be down ten seconds before you can use any weapons."

So this was really happening,

"The family is on your side though, after I told them what all had happened. And of course, your Uncle Hector had pleaded for his life but it fell on deaf ears in the very end. Just know after this that you have to be the last to do this. We can not let this happen again, your grandfather had to participate in this and I know Papa wouldn't want this to happen again." Rosa said.