Chapter 19: Calm

"Your son has lost his mind," Rosa said to her brother who was Sebastian's father Hector Marino. "I told you this would happen and you didn't listen."

"I was supposed to listen to a woman without any kids?" Hector shot back.

"They might as well be my kid since you fed him to fend for himself, you always pinned him up against Francesco just to show up Fuoco," Rosa said loudly across the table. "You made a competition out of nothing, Fuoco didn't care whether his son would become family head or not he would love and care for him regardless, but you...you piece of shit...you made your love conditional for your son. Evan's son has even gotten over the fact that Francesco is head."

"Don't act like you all didn't treat Francesco like a Golden boy, you expected him to become head of the family. Sebastian and Lenny saw that too, all I did was make my son a Go-Getter. That if he wanted it, he had to take it any way possible."

"Look how much damage your son has caused," Fuoco chimed in. "Lenny has always been in a follower's mindset it was easy for him to be persuaded by such a serpent. I knew you hated me brother but to carry that hatred into your son? It's not honorary at all, we don't bring our children in our personal affairs such as this."

"Your son wipes this family's name off of the face of the earth," Hector said standing up. "We were infamous, notorious, and respected, and all of a sudden we don't exist!?"

"We got a lot of shit done," Fuoco said. "Who needs fame when you have power? He's showed us just how powerful we are without fame. Other organizations hear about us, come after us, if we were well known. You do this for the glitz but my son wants this family to have a stable foundation. He wants us to be the silent killer who gets shit done."

"Francesco wants Sebastian's head," Rosa said. "You know we have that rule in place for a reason."

"I say let it pass," Fuoco said. Hector started to protest. "It's only right, your son has put my son in one too many life or death situations. Especially with my daughter-in-law and if Giglio were to find what I've just been told she would agree right along with me. My wife would have my head and yours if we didn't let this battle happen."

"You don't understand Fuoco," Rosa said turning to him. "Francesco wants to kill him, he wants him six feet under and he'll probably add ten feet more just for fun."

"The council won't let that happen," Hector said in confidence. "No family member can kill another family member."

"I tell them that your son is a rat then they might let it go through," Rosa said. "Your son knew about Ryo wanting to kill Serenity and assisted him, then he helps Calsum kidnap her in hopes of SHARING her like some type of doll. He's betrayed this family and he has betrayed Francesco over something he had no control over."

"You can't protect your son from this, he's a grown man who caused all these problems like a child. So, it's time for him to be a big boy and Pull-Up his diaper and be a big kid now. I don't care how scared he is or even if he shits his diaper. He has to deal with this."

"You would act so careless against your nephew?" Hector said questioning him. "Hasn't he had it hard enough losing the first love of his life?"

"Iana?" Rosa said. "We did our investigation and found out from her father that she was just a pawn that got caught and he died right along with her. She was using Francesco and Sebastion as a means to get to the top no matter what. And if Sebastian wasn't so desperate for attention he would have seen that."

"Francesco fell under her spell as well—"

"He took care of her accordingly," Fuoco said.

"Nothing but excuses for Francesco,"