Chapter 5

A moon passed since we met Rose, Ice, and Scratch. They all had four teeth now, while I had six. We were just finishing up a dog when we heard yowling. We all turned to the direction of the noise. I ran to it, and the four followed me. We saw forest cats, forest cats I've never seen before. One was huge and dark brown. He was followed by a huge Clan of cats.

"Who're they?" I asked Snake, remembering he used to be a forest cat. "That's ShadowClan," he muttered. "They're the trickiest Clan in the forest." I nod my head and pad up to the dark brown one. "I've come here to take over these alleys," the dark tom yowled. "And who do you think you are taking Fang's alleyways?!" Rose yowled. The tom swung his huge head to look down at me. "So you rule these alleys?" He spat, getting spit all over my face. "Yeah," I replied, wiping the spittle off my face. The tom howled with laughter. "Do you except me to believe that?" he hissed. "You better believe it, Tornstar," Snake hissed. Clawstar stared at Snake and hissed, "Blackfoot?" "It's Snake now," Snake hissed at Tornstar. "Now leave or else!"

The brown tom relaxed his muscles and gruffed, "I'll deal with the gray one first. You'll be next. Ashfire!" "Yes sir?" A huge gray she-cat with dark gray flecks came up. "Get rid of the gray one." He pointed at me with his disgusting paw. "Yes sir," Ashfire replied, and lunged at me. I ran towards her and unsheathed my claws as I went. I then jumped up and clawed open her throat. She fell to the ground, already deD. The cats all gasped with fear. Tornstar stared at me with horror. My white paw was covered with blood. I wish I could've licked my paw, but that would freak everyone out. Tornstar snarled, but stopped when I hissed, "Now now. Don't be rude. Or do you want to turn out like her?" I flicked my tail at the dead body. Tornstar took a step back and yowled to ShadowClan, "Let's go!" One by one, the cats all left.

I then remembered Scourge's words of wisdom when he killed his first cat: I had to have ice in my veins to do what I just did. I expect the ice to melt, but it doesn't. It gets colder and colder, and I welcome it. I felt that way right now, that everyone should respect me. All the alley cats must respect me. Me. Me! I am Fang, the killer, the cannibal, and the leader of BloodClan. I was proud of that.