28. Final Battle

Third person's pov:

The final battle had already started. It wasn't the same like the first two battles. It was deadly this time. The sky was profane black. The air felt different making it difficult to breathe. The atmosphere was still, dark, misty and cloudy. It seemed like the superhumans were attacking their enemies under a sunless sky. It all added to the nervousness of everyone. The superhumans were passing through a period of great uncertainty. Will they win the battle? It seemed impossible when they looked at the scene in front of them.

The dark cloaked, creepy creatures forming out of the endless sky could haunt a person for days. The terror filled atmosphere and the darkness that ascended upon them felt too much real, that they wished it was just a dream... A bad dream which would end soon. The Creeks appeared in large numbers as usual but what caught the most attention was the huge figure formed in the sky, Queen Arachne. Everyone's eyes darted towards her figure.

She was tall, thin, her face as pale as the full moon. Her wide, dark, malevolent eyes had an evil glint in them. With her hair slicked back and a huge hat over her head, her hardened features and immobile face, everything in her seemed too creepy. She stood high in the sky, an evil smile plastered on her face. She seemed like a sadist gaining pleasure on watching the destruction in front of her.

Destruction was clearly evident. It was hard to manipulate the wolves to come out from their hiding. The queen had a powerful aura which kept them hidden behind those huge trees. But that didn't last long, as the trees were cut down and damaged too. Jaehyun swung those tree trunks, hitting a number of Creeks altogether. Yuta and Taeyoung were busy confronting the Queen. With just a look from her, they both went flying to the other side. No wonder she was so powerful.

"I got this!" Xiaojun said as he hid behind a tree and stared at the queen, trying to petrify her with his power. But it was of no use. The Queen had enhanced senses and she was aware of everything happening around her. With just a snap, she made a huge explosion near the tree where Xiaojun tried to hide. Fortunately Hendery reached there in time and pulled him away. The evil laugh she let out after seeing their frightened faces was too scary. It seemed like she was ready to take away every life in the battlefield just to win the battle and to erase the superhuman race.

The noises of bullets tearing through the air, a storm of arrows and spears piercing through the wind, a dozen more bodies of Creeks laying mutilated by the weapons, everything was a nightmare. Everyone were screaming and struggling to walk around as the ground became loaded with dead bodies. Cold hands that gripped on cold steel swords, swung it around to end the sea of monsters surrounding them. The sound was barely enough to obscure the cries and the screams of injured Creeks, and the thunder of steel striking steel. The cold wind hitting their faces, but none cared. The only person enjoying was the Queen.

"Not now Mark!" Doyoung's voice could be heard along with the gunshots. But the said man didn't care as he lunged forward, turning into his animal form and pranced on the queen. Little did he know that was the wrong step to take, as he was thrown to the ground with blood oozing out of his leg. Mark groaned in pain as he clutched his leg and let out a small cry.

Mark and Ten both were transported to the infirmary immediately, the latter injured badly due to his own optic blast power which he tried to use on the Queen but it ended up deflecting back to him. It was a horror filled sight. The damage caused would take an eternity to get back to normal.

"Stop fighting the Queen and look out for the Creeks." Taeyoung screamed, almost looking traumatized by the injuries he saw. Yuta tried his best to attack the queen instead of letting (Y/N) get into their fight. Although he knew that it would only be possible to defeat the queen if (Y/N) did something, he tried to prevent it from happening by keeping (Y/N) busy in fighting with the Creeks.