22. Second Battle

Third person's pov:

The atmosphere in the forest remained the same as it was during the first battle. It was dark and gloomy even in the morning hours, even before the Creeks surrounded them like clouds. It seemed like the nature itself was giving way to destruction. The plants and everything were restored with the help of Renjun's power, only to be destroyed again today.

The superhumans were all out on the battlefield with their suits and weapons ready. Taeyong came up with an even better and useful strategy to use during the war. Everyone were ready to fight with the intention of protecting the superhuman race as well as to free the souls of the other superhumans which were trapped in those creatures for who knows how long.

"Remember not to exert too much pressure like you did last time." Yuta told (Y/N), as they were both standing near a huge tree while discussing their own strategy. "If you can't control it, call out for me. I'll be right there."

(Y/N) looked at Yuta with contempt. She didn't think whatever he was talking was something worth to be given interest to. She wanted to say that she can fend for herself, but in her current situation that would be stupid shit coming out of her mouth. If only she was in the human world, without fearing that she might pass out anytime, she would have stood up for herself. She couldn't help but nod at his words.

He kept on repeating stuff. It was almost the seventh time he was telling all the plans and methods to her, she couldn't concentrate more. Instead she decided to focus on examining his facial features. His skin looked so soft that she was unable to resist from touching it. Her eyes trailed down from his eyes to his nose and then....She was snapped out of her thoughts as he waved his hand in front of her face. A slight tint of pink crept up her cheeks as she diverted her attention from him, mentally cursing herself.

"Are you even listening?" he asked, as he lowered his hands. She nodded again, earning a sigh from him. "Listen, I know no one likes to be taken care of when they can fight for themselves but this situation is different."

Yuta stopped talking when he noticed (Y/N) looking at something else, her expression changing into a pitying one. He turned around to see a small squirrel running down the large tree they were standing by.

"What's going to happen to it? During the battle?" she asked as she watched it run up again. He didn't reply. Suddenly (Y/N)'s eyes widened with a spark in it as if she accomplished something great. "Wait" she said, turning towards Yuta. "I have got an idea. Where's Doyoung?" she asked as she searched for the said guy in the battlefield.

"You better not forget what I told you." Yuta said as he saw her small figure moving around searching for Doyoung.

"I won't!!" she said with a smile as she turned around and walked towards Doyoung who was standing by the large canons. To Yuta it seemed like both exchanged some ideas and shocking expressions. He saw Doyoung smile and give a confident nod to (Y/N).

The sky became darker now and (Y/N) started feeling nervous for some reason. She feared she would end up like the first female Yokai. "They're here!" said Jeno, who had done an extremely good job in improving his tracking ability.

"Everyone spread out!! To your assigned spots now!!" Taeyong shouted loudly. His voice could barely be heard in the deep scary voices of the creatures which were beginning to surround them. (Y/N) looked to her right to find Yuta at a few distance from her. He gave her a small nod as a sign that she should follow everything he said. She returned him a nod and looked up at the sky to find the Creeks coming even closer. They are superhumans. But they are trapped in those creatures and are forced to do all of this. We need to set them free. She thought.