29. Not Her Fault

Third person's pov:

The main hall was unusually quiet even though it was crowded. Grief and misery was clearly evident in the air inside. None uttered a word, few of them were sitting on the floor, while the rest were in the infirmary. (Y/N) was taken to the infirmary too, right after the battle. Yuta and her friends were damn sure that she might be alive. Alex even thought she was in a state of coma, but Taeil and Kun didn't let those hopes grow more. Also they didn't want to let her body rot in the forest, so they brought her in to prepare a proper funeral for her, so that her soul rests in peace.

Jason walked inside the main hall with two cups of coffee. He went straight to Elena, who looked tired and pale, probably because of fighting and crying over (Y/N), and took a seat beside her on the floor, handing her one cup of coffee. She gladly accepted it and looked inside the cup, only to be reminded of (Y/N), who loved coffees. Just beside Jason, Jaemin and Ray were seated, Ray's head resting on Jaemin's shoulder. They had grown closer in the meantime, but right now she needed consolation and Jaemin was just the right person to seek it from.

Next to them was Yuta with his tear stained face and a worried Taeyoung consoling him and patting his back saying it would be alright.

"It's for the best, Yuta. Imagine how broken you would have been if she let your relationship grow? She did right... Everything she did was right." Taeyoung said as a matter of fact. He tried to assure Yuta that everything would be fine, but it wasn't enough.

"But she ended up dying." Yuta said, as he wiped his face with his arm, soaking his clothes with his tears. Taeyoung let out a sigh. Yuta was right, but he didn't have any other way to try to comfort him.

"Why are you all crying? The battle's over. We won! Shouldn't we celebrate?" Alice walked towards them, the only one who looked pleased in that situation.

Alex who was sitting beside Elena, was silent the whole time, with his knees propped up and his head buried in it. But he couldn't take it anymore. He immediately stood up and charged towards Alice and without realizing his actions, he raised his hands and was about to punch her, but was stopped by Stacy.

"She's not worth it." Stacy said as she pushed back Alex and turned towards Alice, who had her eyebrow raised. "Please leave. You're only making the situation worse."

Alice scoffed and walked away to the exit but stopped in her tracks when she spotted the Chief and Mr. X walking in. Both of them had sad expressions. They somehow felt guilty by giving away their student's life for their own safety.

The Chief cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the crowd in the main hall. Once he was assured that everyone were now concentrating on him, he spoke up. "We faced a great loss today. Something irreplaceable. I know most of us are grieving over (Y/N)'s death, but I'm sure she would be happy in afterlife, with the fact that she died so that we could live."

Although the Chief's words were true, it didn't mean anything to the crowd. The Chief let out a sigh and motioned the old man to come forward and speak. The old man, on the other hand, seemed calmer than the Chief. He gave a small smile and spoke up.

"Well done Superhumans, you made it possible! All your hard work and pain gave you the success." he said, trying to cheer up the mood although his dreary voice wasn't helping. Just then he heard a voice, more like a sarcastic chuckle from his side. He turned around to see Yuta staring at him. They both never got along well from the start. The only reason Yuta managed to not argue with that old man was (Y/N), but that reason was gone as well.

The old man clearly knew how Yuta felt, as he had a lot of experience of being in such situations. He slowly walked towards Yuta, the Chief following him from behind. Taeyoung immediately stood up when he reached them, as a sign of respect, but Yuta didn't bother.