5. Death Touch

(A/N)'s note:

Just a short note so readers won't get confused.

Italics means when one is thinking to themselves.

Underlined italics means when one hears another Yokai' s voice in their head.

______________________

(Y/N)'s pov:

Two days had passed smoothly, much to what I expected. I didn't tell even a single soul about it. Not even my friends. They still think I haven't found any of my powers, and for the first time I wished they never know about my powers.

The small room in the corner of the cafeteria, Café, as how people named it, was my usual relaxing spot. There weren't much people and it was a quiet place. As usual I went there to grab some coffee.

These days are full of surprises. I thought as I flopped onto one of the couches in the room. I had learned few other simple powers in these two days, but surprisingly I couldn't make it to superior powers. I need time. Is what I thought and that kept me going.

I was too tired to make a coffee, so I tried to use one of my powers. I looked around and made sure no one was present. Lifting my finger which was placed on the armrest of the couch, I pointed it to the cups at the counter just opposite to me.

Focus. I narrowed my eyes and I felt something rushing inside my body to the tip of my finger. The cups started moving, more like vibrating. I tried to raise them a little bit, giving all my attention to those cups.

"Telekinesis? Are you freaking kidding me?" My finger dropped down to the armrest once I heard the voice. Shit. I ignored her and walked towards the counter to prepare the coffee by myself.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Stacy had followed me and was now standing right beside me. She pulled me by my arm when she noticed I was ignoring her. "How long did you know you had this power?" she asked again.

I turned to look at her with an unreadable expression. "I don't know what your talking about." I said bluntly.

"I just saw you using that power of yours." she said unhappily. "Wait! Let me go announce it to everyone that the loser finally found her first power." she said with a smirk on her face.

Oh. How disgusted I feel when I looked at her face. She proceeded to walk away. "Stop" I called out. She turned around looking annoyed.

"What?" she asked, clearly pissed off.

I didn't respond to her. All I did was just stare into her eyes. It was as if I was manipulating her thoughts. The only thing I was sure about, from the experience of the past two days, was that I was good at mind control. And I knew what I had to do right now.

Forget it. Everything you saw. Just forget it.

I kept repeating it inside my head. In few seconds her annoyed expression turned into a soft one, which I had never seen before. Her creased eyebrows went back to normal and when I was sure that my objective was accomplished, I looked away.

Stacy looked confused and lost. "What am I doing here? And why are you here?" she asked, once again showing her annoyed expression when she noticed my presence.

"You probably came to grab some coffee" I said avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah. But I lost my appetite after I saw you." she scoffed and went away.

I heaved a big sigh. I need to be more cautious. I thought.

While I was drinking my coffee I heard the same voice in my head again.