17. Angry?

(Y/N)'s pov:

I had been sleeping all the day. Kun was right. I needed a lot of rest. But I had to train too. After how I ended up in the first battle, I have to put in a lot of effort. It wasn't too late for my training session to start, so I decided to have some breakfast before it.

I grabbed some food and sat on a table with Alex beside me. Ray and Elena had already eaten so they preferred to take a walk in the grounds.

"Eat slowly or you'll choke to death" said Alex as I was stuffing my mouth with the food. I ignored his comment and continued eating my food quickly.

"It's time for my training. I don't want to be late." I said as I took one last bite. He looked at me and shook his head showing some disapproval.

"You just made it out alive. Don't you think you need more rest?" he asked.

"Do you think that Cold dog would let me off for a day?" I asked him but he went back to eating as he knew he couldn't give an answer to that.

"Take the day off." I heard his cold voice behind me and I dropped my spoon on realizing. Alex slowly looked up at him but I couldn't dare to meet his eyes. "Have some good rest." Yuta said as he walked past our table with his food tray.

"For how long has he been here?" said Alex as he continued to eat. As for me I looked at Yuta leaving the Cafeteria. For some reason I felt bad, so I immediately stood up with my tray and proceeded to follow him out. "Where are you going? Didn't he give you the day off?" Alex screamed behind me but I didn't wait to reply him.

I ran through the corridor searching for Yuta as I lost track of him. On turning around the hallway I spotted him leaning on a pillar with his hands in his pockets. He slowly looked up at me, making eye contact for few seconds. The hallway was unusually empty and it gave me the shivers to be there alone with him. He never moved away his eyes from me, and a part of me wanted us to stay like that. I just shook off the thoughts said. "Let's go practice. I don't want to take the day off."

He didn't complain. He just looked down at his feet and then slowly walked towards me. "Let's go" he said quietly as he went past me without waiting. I followed him to our practice room without saying anything. Is he angry because of that nickname? I thought.

On reaching the practice room he started flipping through the pages of few books. He didn't speak to me so I thought I should be the one starting the conversation. "Are you angry?" I asked. He didn't reply. He just kept on turning the pages and reading it.

"Is it because of the nickname, Cold dog?" I asked again. It was clearly evident that he had found out I kept that name for him. For few seconds he stopped reading and looked somewhere else. Taking his silence as an answer I decided to explain.

"I kept it because you always act cold around me-"

"Didn't you ask me to overcome my feelings? Do you think I can do that by acting all sweet towards you?" he literally snapped at me. It was my turn to stay silent now. Wait. But he used to stay like that every time. Even before he confessed. I thought.

"You acted like that since the first day." I mumbled quietly, but he was quick enough to hear it. He just released a big sigh.

"I'm sorry." he said. My eyes widened in shock at his sudden change of behavior. "You are right. I'm just angry on myself for staying like this all the time..... I never gave you a reason to like me back." he said lowering his head.

As much as I wanted to comfort him by saying the multiple reasons which led me to fall for him, I didn't want him to know about it. I restrained from doing that. It would just lead to hopes. False hopes.