21. The Creeks

(Y/N)'s pov:

We had told Yuta about the secret Jaemin saw during the first battle and he was quite displeased, because we didn't reveal it to anyone earlier. As expected we were gathered in the main hall because Mr. X had another vision indicating that the second battle is near. Just this information was enough for us, but we were gathered because the old man knew we were hiding something from them. Said he saw it in his visions but I'm in no mood to believe him. On being presurred by Yuta, Jaemin and I decided to disclose it today. What happens after it, and how people would take the news is all I could expect now.

"Looks like you three were hiding something important from us." said Johnny who pulled a chair and sat on it, his front facing the back post of the chair as he rested his chin on the top rail. Jaemin had his head hung low, unable to answer Johnny, whereas Yuta seemed unaffected as he didn't care to explain him anything.

"It was my fault. I wanted to keep it a secret." I blurted out but soon regretted as everyone looked at me with their eyebrows raised. "Well... I didn't know how you would react to the news so...." I trailed off as two figures entered the main hall.

There were no greetings shared between us. The moment they came in the Chief spoke up. "Without further ado, spill it. Everything you know."

Through the corner of my eyes I could see Jaemin gathering up courage by taking deep breaths. He then raised his eyes to meet the old man's who had taken a seat right in front of him.

"Well... I accidentally touched a Creeks cloak during the first battle, when I wasn't using my second power. I did see some suspicious things but those were just like puzzle pieces. My head started throbbing the moment I touched it so I couldn't endure any longer and I had to withdraw my hand. If we put these puzzle pieces together, there's only one thing we get to know......and that's too frightening. "

"I'm not really sure but I saw a scene where the queen was making those creatures.....I mean... The Creeks..on her own. She kept on repeating 'You need a soul to become stronger'."

"A soul?" asked Xiaojun leaning forward to get a better understanding of the conversation.

"Yes. And I saw something else too, which kept on distracting me the whole time. After the final battles that took place earlier, the superhuman's souls were being removed from their body.....by the Queen. So what we concluded was-" Jaemin looked towards me and Yuta, but was cut off by the old man.

"The Creeks are none other but the superhumans themselves." he said, complete shock in his voice. The Chief's expression was nothing different from what others had, making me think that this was a new information for them too.

"Seems like the Queen has trapped the souls of the superhumans who existed earlier, into those creatures, and gave them the name Creeks." Yuta continued after sensing the quiet atmosphere in the main hall. "But what confuses us the most is how did she fight with those creatures during the first final battle that took place. As per my knowledge, the superhumans who fought in that battle where among the first ones to be born with their powers. Who did she trap in those Creeks for that battle then?"

"What did the Queen kept on saying Jaemin? When you saw those scenes play in your head?" I asked, bending forward a little, to get a better look at Jaemin, as Yuta was sitting in the middle.

"You need a soul to become stronger." Jaemin replied quite confidently.

"Maybe those Creatures work even without a soul. Probably they are weaker so they need a soul to become a stronger version of themselves. And the souls are of superhumans, so of course they would become stronger if their souls are trapped in them." I said while I looked at the old man.