3. Accident

It was another depressing day. We were all seated in the cafeteria. I still didn't have a good appetite but I ate to get some energy.

"Here they come" said Alex, pointing at the group entering the cafeteria. I knew almost all of them by now and I had even spoken to many but except one, Yuta. I spotted him entering with his hood up.

"I'm trying to be good friends with them, they seem really cool." said Alex, somehow feeling proud.

"I only speak frequently to one of them, the red haired one. Taeyong... I guess" I said earning a surprised look from my friends.

"Dude you speak to him but you still aren't sure of his name?" said Ray and I tried to ignore her while looking out the window. There are too many that sometimes I forget their names.

"Any progress?" asked Elena. I looked over to her and immediately understood what she was asking. I shook my head as a 'No'.

I heaved a big sigh as I spoke "I still think, there was a problem in the goddamn selection process. I will go and ask the Chief to let me get out of this place."

"Let you get out of this place? Are you crazy? " said Elena. "We have been chosen wisely so as to enter this damn place without a normal human's knowledge. This place is like..... enchanted. No human can enter. And you think you will be thrown back into the human world? They won't trust you with this shit."

She was right, she had a point. But what if I really wasn't capable? Will they let me stay here?

Probably reading my thoughts, Alex replied,"They will probably slaughter you and serve in this cafeteria." He said whislt laughing. That earned him a punch from Ray and a death glare from me.

"Alright.. I'll head out now. I gotta borrow a book from the library. Meet you in the grounds." I said, waving at Ray and Elena while ignoring Alex. The boy showed some disappointment but I shrugged it off.

I made my way to the library and borrowed the book. I was soon walking out in the grounds, when a tragic incident happened.

" (Y/N)!! Watch out!! " I heard Ray call out my name. I turned around to see her pointing at a car coming at my direction.

There was someone driving a car so roughly, I probably thought he was drunk. He straight away came at me and I could see through the front window that his eyes were protruding and he tried his best to stop the car.

But as for me, I stood rooted to the spot. I had enough time to jump out of the way but something prevented me from doing it. Don't move. This way I can escape. I started having random thoughts that made me stiff at my spot and I somehow accepted the fact that I was ready to get hit by the car.

But there was a blur of vision. At least to me. It seemed like someone suddenly appeared from out of nowhere. And there he was, standing between the car and me.

Third person's pov:

"(Y/N)!! Watch out!!"

Within a split second, Yuta who was standing at the far right corner near the tree appeared right in between the car and (Y/N).

He immediately raised one of his hand pointing to the direction of the car and narrowed his eyes. It was as if he was trying to control the motion of the car.

And surprisingly, that was what happened. The car came skidding to his and (Y/N)'s direction and came to an abrupt stop, the front wheels still fixed to the ground whereas the back wheels were almost flying until it landed on the ground.

The man inside the car had undergone a tragic attack, one could say. As for Yuta, he turned around to look at (Y/N). Her eyes were filled with fear and confusion.

He knew for sure he had to leave the scene immediately, and as swiftly as he had appeared at that spot he disappeared immediately after walking few steps away.

Teleportation? Power to stop the car? Shape-shifting? Speed and durability? And above all that..... Conversing through minds?

(Y/N)'s pov:

Yokai. It's him.

My mind was filled with thoughts.

"Woah! It's him."

"No wonder  how he stopped the car so smoothly."

"He is the Yokai."

"I wish it was me."

Noices erupted from the crowd which I never knew had surrounded me.

I saw my friends running to me and asking if I was alright. I nodded slightly as a yes.

"Are you alright? " I heard a voice. I looked over Alex's shoulder to see Taeyong standing there with a worried expression.

"I'm fine... You should probably go look for him" I said almost as quickly as I could. He gave me a slight nod and disappeared immediately. Yes. He had the power of teleportation too.

The boy who was driving the car, stumbled out of the door and came to me. "I-I'm really sorry.... I didn't mean to-.. I was trying telekinesis to move the car..." He said while taking heavy breaths. "I'm really very sorry. "

"Telekinesis? Well go and use that power to get a brain inside your empty head" spat Alex. He was staring daggers at the boy and the latter seemed quite offended.

"Its alright. Don't worry I'm fine." I said giving a sympathetic look to the guy. Alex scoffed at me for leaving him just like that.

The crowd had all their eyes on me now. I excused myself and walked towards my dorm until I became the topic of their conversation. I flopped onto my bed and closed my eyes.

I should have saved myself. If only I knew my powers.

_________

(A/N)'s note:

Yuta is a Yokai!!

Pls feel free to vote and comment on my story.