11. Training

(Y/N)' pov:

We have been practicing a lot for the past two weeks. But we had no idea when the battle will start. Regardless I kept on training. I was doing quite good, at least that's what Yuta said. Today we decided to practice along with the Ronens.

I left the dorm and walked to the grounds. Many students had already gathered. I spotted Taeyong and Yuta and walked towards them.

"How's your training going?" asked Taeyong, a smile forming on his lips when he noticed my presence. I looked over to Yuta, awaiting an answer. Taeyong did the same too.

"She's doing good. Chief is happy with her reports" said Yuta but he was looking at someone else. I turned around to find Jason and few of his friends coming to our direction. He was snickering and saying something but I couldn't make out the words.

"Did you fight with him?" I asked Yuta, leaning closer towards him. He looked at me for few seconds and replied "He has been the same since the day he found out I'm the Yokai."

"A brat like always" I said as I crossed my arms with a calm expression on my face when he was almost at our spot.

"A brat? You mean Jason?" I flinched at the voice behind me. Alex stood there with Elena and Ray behind him. I hit him on his arm "Stop scaring me every time by appearing out of nowhere." I said. He scratched the back of his neck, a goofy grin forming on his face.

"Who do you think your calling a brat?" it was Jason with an annoyed expression on his face. I smiled while trying to think of the number of ways to get out of the situation.

"You of course! Do you think you're worth to be called a hero?" asked Elena who had stepped forward. Jason scoffed at her and leaned forward, his face was too close to hers that I felt to hit him on his face to get him away from her. But as for Elena, she didn't budge.

"I'll show you what I'm worth." he said, smirking and stepping back to look at us.

"Why? Do you not like the nickname brat?" asked Alex trying to get on his nerves. "(Y/N) gives the best nicknames. Brat, Cold Dog—....Ouch!!" he started jumping on one feet while holding onto the other, because I just stepped on it. I turned towards him while mouthing a 'Shut-up' and eying behind me so that he could remember the presence of Yuta at the spot.

"Huh.. Yokais are of no use. I wonder why there exists such a term" Jason said and walked away, his face showed how much he did not want to spend another minute with us.

"Don't mind him. Let's start the practice." said Taeyong looking desperate to start the training as it was 10 minutes late.

I turned around to look at Ray, who seemed lost in her own thoughts. She had been the same since the day she found her power. There was something that triggered her and I felt sorry for not making out time for discussing it with her.

"I know there's something that's disturbing you. Tell me." I asked her. She just looked at me and gave a small smile.

"It's nothing. Don't worry." she said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her to the other students to start our practice.

"Everyone gather! First let's start with elemental power manipulation. This will be team work. Support as well as enhance your own powers with others." Taeyong seemed even more strict than Yuta. I saw Alex, Jason, Jisung and few others step out. It was really entertaining to see the weather change with air manipulation.

They practiced for around one hour while the others were busy practicing their own powers. Ray could make the huge tree disappear by just placing her hands on it. Yuta was still instructing me without working on his own powers. The first team had successfully completed and I was shocked to see Alex and Jason supporting each other with their powers.

"Next" Taeyong said while looking at few students. "Beam emissions."
They all stepped out and formed a circle. Everyone had their hands raised, different color of beams emitting from each one's palm which meant different powers. All those beams merged together to form a large white sphere, glowing brightly and floating in the sky. On looking at it, one could say how strong and powerful it could be and how it could destroy the whole forest if aimed towards it.

"Not enough." Taeyong shook his head whole looking at the large sphere. "One of the Yokai's should step out" he said averting his attention to me and Yuta.

I turned around to look at Yuta leaning on a tree trunk. "Go on." he said while tilting his head.

"Me?" I asked "You are more experienced than me, right?"

"Then go and gain experience" he said with a cold expression. Is he scared? I thought before moving forward.

"How about laser beam emission?" I asked Taeyong once I was a part of the circle formed by the students. "That would be perfect." he said with a smile.

And as how I practiced on my first training session, I raised my hand and felt a beam of bluish white light emitting from my palm. It went and merged with the sphere making it a bit more larger.

"Increase the intensity." I heard Yuta who was now standing behind me with his arms crossed. I looked at him for a brief second and did as I was told. The beam emitting from my palm grew wider and the sphere even more larger.

"Yuta. You need to step out too. Heat beam emission. " Taeyong said who was silently looking at the sphere which was now growing in size. Yuta came forward and stood beside me in the circle formed. He lifted his hand and immediately a yellow beam of light projected out hitting the large sphere.

"Yokais. Use both your hands for different beam emissions." Taeyong said as he was noting down something on a paper. We did as we were told until the sphere grew too big.

"Good! Increase your intensities everyone." Taeyong said, his eyes sparkling probably because of the huge bright sphere. Everyone had increased their beam intensities and I did the same too without noticing that Yuta's head whipped towards my direction.

Little did I know, Yuta had dropped his hands down and shouted at me not to do it. Immediately everyone's heads turned towards me, their eyes fixed on me. I blinked a few times before I felt my body go numb and my legs go weak. I saw Yuta running towards me before everything blacked out.

Yuta's pov:

"Good! Increase your intensities everyone." Taeyong said. I immediately snapped my head towards (Y/N), but it was too late. I saw the beams projecting from her hands widen. She started stumbling and losing her balance while blinking continuously.

I ran towards her and caught her before she collapsed to the ground. Again, I saw her face was pale and she looked lifeless. Within no time, I disappeared from the grounds with her in my arms.

After teleporting to the infirmary, I called out for Taeil Hyung and he appeared immediately. He took few minutes to check her status and then told me "Don't give her too much pressure Yuta. Her body might not be able to handle it." He patted my back and went away leaving me alone with her.