8. Revelation

(Y/N)'s pov:

Few days passed by very quickly. Now that everyone knew I had found both my powers, it was a relief. Stacy didn't bother me too much after that. Thanks to Yuta, now I was finally warming up to him as he kept my secret.

I was taking a stroll in the grounds when I found someone sitting on the grass near the lake. I immediately recognized the person on moving closer. I slowly made my way and sat beside him.

"What's wrong, Taeyong?" I asked. He turned to look at me and gave me a small smile.

"Nothing. I'm just confused." he said with a small sigh.

"Why?"

"I haven't told anyone about this except my friends and the Chief." he said while looking at his hands.

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me" I said and was about to get up but he continued "But I want to, that way I would feel less burdened."

Adjusting my position once again, I hummed in response letting him continue.

"I have more than two powers. More than two superior powers. But I don't know how many." he said. I realized he never took his eyes off his hands.

"What do you mean, are you a Yokai too?" I asked perplexed. He chuckled at my response.

"No. There can only be one male Yokai. That's what the Chief said. He would let me know about my powers and what I'm when the other Yokai is revealed, and that should be a female." he said, now lifting his eyes and looking at the lake. "When I told Yuta, he was amused to know it. The Chief had said him the same thing when he asked the reason behind why he was a Yokai. It all depends on the female Yokai and when she'll reveal herself, only then can we get the answers to our questions."

'Oh' was all I could say at the moment. No wonder why Yuta dragged me to the rooftop and was too eager to reveal me. I felt burdened, now that I got to know this matter. By revealing one of my secrets, many other secrets will be revealed. But I didn't know the right time. I just tried to distract my mind by asking few more questions.

"What are your powers?" I asked curiosity taking over me.

"Teleportation, laser beam emission, tracking ability, technopathy, affinity for air like... You know fog and mist generation and stuff. Yeah, that's all I have found for now." he said while he was counting with his fingers when he mentioned all those powers.

"Wow. That's cool" I said although I was completely confused. Ronens are known to have a maximum of two powers only. If there can't be another male Yokai, then how does Taeyong have so many powers.

"Not really. I want to know what I am." he said sadness laced in his voice.

"Don't worry, I'll go check for some information in the library regarding this." I said which made him laugh.

"It's alright. I'll get to know it anyway. Let's just wait." he said. We both sat there in silence for few minutes until we heard a loud screech from our right direction.

My eyes widened on seeing the dark path of the forest. Did someone enter the forest? Even after we were all warned not to enter?

"Looks like the rumors about the wolves are true and someone has entered that nasty place." said Taeyong. I nodded at him and saw a group of students running into the forest probably following the voices.

"Let's go" I said as we both ran towards the dark path along with the other students. Although it was early in the morning the forest was too dark with its huge trees hovering above us. We crossed few broken branches and creepers. They seemed to be growing out of nowhere. The sounds of the insects present there were irritating me. I wished to get out of this place.

But that's when I noticed that the students we had followed stopped at a spot which made us hit their backs and stop too. Taeyong and I, somehow made our way to the front. I noticed Alex, Ray and Elena were there too but their eyes was fixed on something. I looked forward to see Stacy with her tear stained face and her friends around her, comforting her. All their eyes were focused on something else. I followed their gazes to find an unimaginable scene being played in front of me.

Two wolves were in a fight? More like one was straddling the other, taking complete control over him. The wolf on the ground, who was being straddled, tried his best to avoid being attacked by the other using his paws. It had a dark blue color, different from the other wolf who was complete brown. It even didn't have proper claws, that made it hard for me to believe it was even a wolf. Why did people gather to watch two wolves fight? And why was Stacy crying?

"What's going on?" I heard Taeyong ask Alex who was beside me.

"That crying pest thought she was brave enough to enter the forest and she did, along with her stupid friends and got attacked by a wolf. Fortunately Yuta spotted those crackheads entering the forest and arrived in time to help them." said Alex, showing complete disgust on the mention of those girls.

I turned around to find the whole crowd gathered. "Where is Yuta? I can't see him" I asked while searching for his face in the crowd and I noticed Taeyong did the same too.

"Oh.. He is right there, the wolf being strangled." Alex said. Both Taeyong and my eyes widened at realizing that Yuta was in danger.

"We need to save him" said Taeyong as he moved forward but stopped in his tracks. "My powers aren't enough" he mumbled.

"Don't worry. Yuta is a Yokai, he can make it out. Anyways we have Taeil here who can heal him" said Alex pointing behind us. I looked over to see a frightened Taeil looking at the fight.

This isn't going to work. I thought. No one took a step to go save him. I would appreciate the efforts he took to prevent himself from being attacked. But that wasn't enough, this way he could almost die.

It's my chance now. I thought. He saved me last time. Now it's my turn to help him. If I do, that would reveal my secret. Although I didn't want to reveal it yet, I thought it was for the better.

Wolf. A Wolf. Without thinking anything else I stepped forward. They were fighting at a distance and I had to run to reach the spot on time. By now, every eye had landed on me instead of focusing on Yuta, but I didn't care. Because I knew that if I did, I would terribly fail at what I'm trying to do now.

I ignored all the looks I got and stepped on a steep stone nearby with one of my legs. I put the maximum pressure I could on that leg and jumped, my hands making its way upwards. I was in a prancing position to be honest.

And that's when I felt my face deforming. A Wolf. I kept on repeating the word in my head. I could see my hands turn into paws, exactly like how it looked in the Café at the first time I noticed it. I turned into a complete wolf, grey in color, large claws and an unsatisfying long tail.

The moment my hands, more like my fore limbs, touched the ground, I had completely change into a wolf. My speed was surprisingly fast and in no time I reached them and jumped on the brown wolf, removing it from top of Yuta. We both went rolling to two sides, immediately gained our balance and were back on our feet again.

Shit. I don't know how to fight a wolf.

Of course I acted on instinct but I never prepared myself for the consequences. We were just circling a small path in the forests. The wolves eyes were beautiful but I didn't let that distract me. It jumped on me and I tried my best to tackle him. But the wolf was more strong. Without realizing, it had hit me and now I was on the ground. All I was doing was defending myself, until the wolf was once again thrown to another side. But this time it didn't fight back. The wolf just ran deep inside into the dark woods, much to my pleasure.

Whereas I was lying on the ground both my limbs facing the same direction as the crowd was standing in. I could see their surprised faces. Slowly, I turned back to my normal form while lying in the same position and Yuta had changed too.

My head started to throb and my vision got blurry. I kept on blinking but it didn't help. Through the blurred vision, I could see my friends and Yuta running towards me. The last thing I heard before everything went black, was Yuta's voice in my head.

Why did you do it?