18. Secret

(Y/N)'s pov:

The Café was empty as usual. I sat on the couch, sipping my coffee and reading a book. It has been three days since Alice confessed to Yuta. Yuta didn't bother but Alice kept giving me disgusted looks just like Stacy used to give. On the other hand, Stacy didn't talk to me after the first battle a lot. She was somehow repenting for her bad behavior and Alex was really interested in teasing her everytime we meet. Everyone knew about Alice's confession by now. Rumours spread around quick about how Yuta half heartedly rejected her just because he likes me.

But Alice didn't give up. She was always around Yuta much to his disgust. He even asked me to help him hide because he didn't want to be around her. Alex was too happy to know about it that he already thought the rumour was true. Elena and Ray were shocked and disappointed for not having told them before. It took me a whole day to explain them that it wasn't true. After an effortless research, Alex told me it wasn't anyone else but Alice herself, who spread the rumor. I was shocked at first but I knew that wasn't something I should care about.

Just then someone sat beside me, distracting me from my thoughts. I looked up to see Jaemin with a cup of coffee. He gave me a small smile as he took a sip of it. "How are you feeling now?" he asked.

"I'm all good." I replied after gulping down the last bit of coffee and placing the cup on the table. He nodded and proceeded to drink. I didn't ask him anything else, it was silent for a while until he spoke up.

"About the rumor, Yuta Hyung rejecting Alice because he likes you–"

"It's not true" I cut him off. If someone had to stop these rumours from spreading more it has to be either me or Yuta. Of course Alice couldn't be included as she was the one who started it. "Which part of it is not true?" asked Jaemin raising an eyebrow at me.

I looked at him for few seconds and replied slowly, hanging my head low so that he couldn't see my face. "About him liking me. He did reject her but not for reason that include me." I said quietly. He remained silent for sometime. I looked up at him to see a smirk plastered on his face.

"But I think that's true as well." he said and for a moment I found him to behave exactly like Alex. I chuckled a bit shaking my head as a 'No'.

"You know? I can use this power to find out the truth." said Jaemin as he showed me his palm. Of course he can use his psychometric power to know about all the truth but I was not ready to give in. By my reaction he was quite satisfied and reached to a conclusion, as he showed me a 'Thumbs up'.

"You like Ray, don't you?" I hit back almost making him flustered as his eyes widened. I knew it from the start, without having to use my powers. I wonder if Ray even noticed his presence around her, because he was always so obvious. And that thought made me puke because I hate it when people make it obvious that they like each other.

"What?" he asked, trying to act normal. I gave him a huge smile. Although I didn't like his obviousness, I always shipped them. If he needed any help, I would always be ready to offer it.

"I can use the same power to find out the truth, too!" I said, now swinging my hand in front of him.

"Your so scary! I should be careful around you and Yuta Hyung." he said as he placed his cup on the table with a displeased look. "Let's both keep our secrets" he said with a smile. I chuckled at him and gave him a nod. He cleared his throat and spoke up again.

"There is something else I want you to know." He said, scratching the back of his neck. "I didn't tell it to anyone because I thought they wouldn't take the news in a good way. But I'm done keeping it in and burdening myself." He completely turned to my direction and looked at me. "Read my mind. Please." he said with a seriousness in his voice that somehow made me scared.

I did as I was told. Soon I could feel my eyes widening and my expression turning into a shocked one. Jaemin didn't have any reaction on seeing me. It seemed like he was expecting it. "W-What is this?" I stuttered. I was in utter confusion after reading his thoughts.

"I saw it during the battle. I didn't tell anyone right away because I knew that would distract everyone. I'm afraid that if they get to know about this it would distract them a lot while fighting in the other battles." he said quietly, after making sure no one was present in the room.

"Or maybe they would fight with complete rage." I told as I was still processing the information in my mind. "The Chief and the old man didn't say anything about it though?" I asked him.

"Maybe they're hiding it. They do it very often." he said and I gave him a nod. We just sat there for sometime, thinking whether we should let others know about it or not.

"Let's just keep this a secret for now. We'll think about it later." I said as I got up from the couch and picked up my cup as well as his and went to throw it in the trash can. "Let's go. It's time for our class." I said as we both made our way out of the Café.

We were walking down the hallway when suddenly I heard something in my head.

Where are you?

"Woah..!" I screamed as I held onto the wall beside me. I should have been used to hearing his voice in my head by now, but it still scares me at times. Jaemin looked worried but I assured him it was nothing. On the other hand I could feel people walking in the hallway, give me confused looks. I wasn't in the state to explain it to everyone so I started walking quickly.

At least give me a signal before you scream in my head.
I'm here only.

I replied to him through my mind voice. We always spoke like this. It was way too easier when we are surrounded by a lot of people.

Where is here?

In the hallway near the library. I'm with Jaemin right now.

Alright. I'll meet you in few seconds.

"Was it Yuta Hyung?" Jaemin asked me sensing that I was speaking to him through telepathy. Before I could nod I heard his voice behind me.

"Yes it was me." Yuta said as he was panting. "Let's go. We're late" he said and started walking forward without even waiting for us. I looked at Jaemin but he kept on staring at Yuta who was walking ahead of us. "About the secret. Should we tell it to Hyung–?" he asked.

"Later" I said and he nodded. We all walked into the classroom and took our seats. Fortunately we reached before the Professor so I had some time to think about it. Everything I read through Jaemin's mind.

The truth to this whole story never seems to end....

__________________

(A/N)' note:

There are many secrets I'll be adding to this story to make it more interesting.
Pls look forward to it. :)