CHAPTER XX

The assassination of the emperor at his very own wedding become the talks of everyone. After all, that causes an uproar to the empire, especially after knowing that the attacker was the legendary bat King.

People had different thoughts about what really happened. Few based on speculation while some just randomly blabbering. Logically speaking none was certain.

" Mind to tell me what happened?" Zhao xianlan wickedly ask the minister who attended the morning court. It is the day after that turmoiled happened. He know something was fishy back then, and there must be traitor among these people. Xiao yu who was force to attend at the court as his first duty being an empress, ended up being on the lap of the almighty emperor. Zhao xianlan busy curling up his finger into the long black hair of Xiao yu who keeps on clenching Everytime the emperor did something to his hair.

Just by thought that he become already an empress makes him wish to just die again. He want to live in a peaceful and meaningful life but ended up like this. Especially even just thinking about how would those arrogant lady at the harem would do to him. Ugh frustrating indeed. Those women came from all powerful and influential family of course they would strive for power and him being an empress should be the target. He don't know how to handle this drama at all. 'If they want to crawl at the emperor's bed please do us you wish . But please leave me alone ' Xiao yu thought. But obviously that was just a delusion, the affection that the emperor gives to him already a threat itself added by being an empress, this is inevitable.

Maybe you guys wonder why he ended up at the emperor's lap? Well simply because, the emperor threatened him that if he will disobey both Wang Xian and mara will be sent away. Thus, Xiao Yu pitifully obliged.

" Your majesty we deserve death for not able to protect the monarch and the mother of the nation!" The minister kowtowed smahing their head to the concrete floor to show their sincerity. Even minister lian did. The emperor had a long hypothesis that minister Lian is the most suspicious among these people. But he would still play blind over it until he himself would recognized his doing. He would ensure that he will lost everything bit by bit. As the pillar of the empire, even if the emperor is powerful he still need to maintain his peoples loyalty.

Official affair was never been encountered by Xiao yu, so he just seat there not lowing down his guard. He already returned both Wang Xian and mara's prowess because obviously both of them needed that at most.

What he needed the most right now is for him to exercise his strength and cultivate more. He also need to learn how to avoid draining his Qi. Back at the original Xiao Yu 's library he once read a book which contains ' The Qi sustaining method ' but unfortunately in a thought that he would not need this technique he just ignored its exitance. Luckily all the books there, was put to his storage ring so he can easily access it anytime, so he sigh in relief.

" No need to do that, you may all stand. What I need to you right now is to come up with an idea how to prevent this thing to happen again" said by Zhao xianlan with those eyes that can murder you anytime . The minister was being feed by too much romance and at the same time those death glare. If eyes could kill none of them would surely still standing here with an intact spirit.

" Your majesty I believe that those attacker founded that our general has been recuperating so as the assistant general. Upon knowing that our empire lack with powerful personnel so they dare to attack us. I suggest that since the empress is the one who injured the general i believe that she had something that can restore the general and his assistant from their previous state. By that with the general cultivation level and added by his outstanding leadership we might restore our strong defense. " Minister Yang the father of Concubine Yang said bravely. Except for the emperor and Xiao Yu's Comrade no other know Xiao Yu 's real identity. That's the reason why minister Yang still address him as ' her '.

The emperor found this reasonable but if the empress would not agree then he will respect it. After all the general is the one who provoked the empress first. Even if they're a sworn brother, he still have no choice but to follow his empress. What a good husband.

Minister Yang Lou Rin is the second influential official at the empire. He is the left minister responsible for the ' empire's protection ' such as the control of the armory and the armies daily needs. Minister Lian being the first then Minister Yang is the second.

" Presumptuous! How dare you to demand something to the empress? " Zhao xianlan acted like a white lotus trying to gain his empress side, so he defended him against this people. He eyed the empress and eyes wanting to tell Xiao yu ' Please let me sleep with you ' . But the emperor could just swallowed it himself as he want this person to completely melt into his arm.

If Xiao yu only know what this madman was thinking about him like that. He would either have a battle again or sneakily kick this man's balls!. Xiao yu was kinda glad that the emperor wanted to protect him but what minister Lian said is indeed true. To strengthen their defense is a must.

" Even if I have . Why do you think I should give it to them? Have you forgotten? My people was also almost died thanks for him." He should not show kindness at this moment this is what Xiao yu believe.

" Forgive me your majesty, but before. You aren't the mother of the nation. But now, the situation is different. They're already your people as well." Minister Lian is really persistent with this matter.

Other Minister was shaking like hell. If this emperor would blame them for talking back to the empress they would become a dead meat.

" Your majesty " shouted by the child who is being oppressed by the guards. The boy is dressed with a plain blue outer robe. His hair is neatly tied up,. But he had wounds all over his body making his extravagant clothes to be turn apart and he is even bleeding. By his exquisite looks, one can tell that this child is either nobility or an aristocratic member. But what could a child doing here at this state? Of course no one knows except the child himself.

" Your majesty we are sorry, we failed to stop this boy." One of the guard vow and said. The child is holding a sword and straggling to be freed. 4 guards are holding him firmly making it difficult for him to move his body added by his wounds.

" Let me go" The child pitifully beg the guards but still didn't. " Please " he said. Even when he beg the guards pretended they heard nothing at all.

" I, Qin Zhan Neng. As the member of the Qin clan I summoned my bloodline ability, come and protect me!" The ground is shaking after the child said those words. Those who hold him was thrown away by an invisible force. The gravity become suffocating time by time. While the child is now sitting at a lotus position closing his eyes. His glowing an orange light and it become more vivid. Those few guards who had a cultivation below silver stage feels like the earth and the heaven are both on their shoulder. They kneel at the ground subconsciously stabilizing their breathing.

~bannngggggg~ The child puke blood when a strong energy mercilessly hit him at his chest. His bloodline ability is strong but as a child who is still on the bronze 9 in cultivation still didn't able to fully strengthen it's foundation.

Instantly the gravity was back to it's original state when the child lost its concentration. The guards sigh in relief when finally the force that are holding them kneel at the ground is gone.

Minister Lian was the one who attack the poor child. Minister Lian is at the silver 8 in cultivation so obviously he is far beyond strong compare to the child. He generated another Qi to attack the child again. The poor boy just close his eyes in a hope that it would lessen the pain.