Chapter 5 Along came Lexi and Texas

Six was chilling in his quarters brooding alone playing with Emile's kukri to lessen how far down the depressing rabbit hole until he saw on his visor someone trying to contact him through his personal contact. At first, he thought it was a wrong number call or a scam until he saw the caller's name. IronMaiden38. Six decided to pick up and see if she was going to rip him a new one or give him the silent treatment.

"Nathan? Please tell me that's you and not some Elite that stole your number as a trophy of some kind." hoping it was really him and joking to make sure it stings less if it's not him.

"Yes, I'm still kicking Lexi, for reasons beyond my understanding." This got a chuckle out of Lexi knowing it was six but also still had some of the wit she always found charming, though not as good as it was during their time in the Spartan three program. "What have you been doing? Last I heard you showed a Brute that your hammer is better than a gravity Hammer."

"That was years ago, at least a year since you went to Reach, remember?" Six did remember all innocent's deaths, the sacrifices of his brethren, and -, on the planet of Reach. "Six? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Lexi. I've been working at an ONI project training younger soldiers for the past few years." Lexi smiles at this since she always felt he would make a good teacher especially if he let go of the baggage that holds him down like anchors.

Lexi had a young-looking face outside a few small scars and dirt covering her face as she was messing with a Warthog where she is working. Her hair was black and spiky but curled ever so slightly with emerald-colored eyes. Her attire was a green tank top with black sweat shorts. So they don't get caught on anything. However her most eye-catching was her robot arm that took the place of her missing left arm. It was a basic design made for casual stuff compared to her favorite combat-ready arm.

"Well if you want to know what I've been doing to keep myself busy it is simply a mechanic for hire

"Well if you want to know what I've been doing to keep myself busy it is simply a mechanic for hire." Six was far from shocked about her doing this after what he guessed retiring from being a spartan three, "I should probably end the call before my "boss" see me on the phone while working."

"That's fine, take care Lexi," she said the same back to Six as she ended the call, and once more Six was alone in his room.

Raising to his feet Six left his room and walked around to clear his mind. Six left his room but stopped, standing a few feet in front of his doorway around the center path of the hallway his room was in.

"Are you the one that my little blue friend took control from me to save?" not looking in the direction of the once-cloaked black armor chick with a reddish-orange visor.