Chapter 6 : Avoiding Him

Start from the beginning

The car ride was silent and soft music filled the air. He was sleepy and was leaning his head on the car window.

We arrived at my mansion and I parked the car in driveway .
We got out and I shivered . It was really cold tonight but he seemed just fine in his crop top and did not even shiver from the cold.

"Don't you feel cold?" I asked worried.

"Nah. I'm immune to it." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes at him but he noticed it.

"No seriously I'm immune to it. I don't feel cold that much which by the way you're shivering let's get inside." He held my hand and started pulling me inside. But his hands were freezing cold and I yanked mine away.

"God you're freezing." I muttered.
"Maybe I'm dead?" He deadpanned and I certainly didn't laugh at that joke.

We entered the house and warmth surrounded me quickly.
"It was fun today innit?" I asked smiling coyly at him and he blushed.

" I enjoyed our 'date' tonight." He said rolling his eyes but smiling nonetheless.

"Me too babe!" I decided to give him nickname to see him get flustered and he did get flustered. I chuckled.

But what he did next made my knees go weak and heart beats thousand miles per hour.
He came slowly towards me and softly grabbed the side of my head and pecked me on side of my mouth, more like on the cheek. His lips lingered there for short period of time and the way he did was so passionate .

I could tell it took a lot of courage for him to even do this as his hands quivered a little from lack of confidence.

"Goodnight then! I hope we could do this again" he whispered and stepped away from me. He then winked and climbed up the stairs quickly. I stood there stunned blushing furiously.

After staring at the empty staircase, my body gained enought control and strength to move and I walked to my room and flopped on my bed.

This was the part I hated , the overthinking.
I just realised today since Emily I haven't dated anyone neither seeked a love interest. I was so deep in depression that it started affecting not only my mental health but my image as a boss .

I didn't seek new people and until Nyx.
I was hurled up in my own house hiding behind the walls I built to protect me.

I have never been that lucky in matters of heart . My first girlfriend left me when we graduated school then at college I went out with two girls which didn't worked out as well.

Then I met Emily in the last year of college and we took off as a couple.

Back in High school I would sometimes stare at boys and their bodies but never thought of it seriously. Now I think of it I always knew inside I had a teensy tiny little attraction towards boys and Nyx here brought out the side and unveiled it completely.

I never felt this around boys even the hot ones, Nyx was different. Around boys I could control it and well hide it but Nyx just pulled that part of me out.

Oh shit

This can't be happening again I just got out of a toxic relationship months ago.
I can't think of getting in a new on this quick.
Specially with a boy , with Nyx!!
But Nyx is different

But so was Emily you idiot my concious warned me.

Feelings , right now were a big a no.
But I can't let him go . Just imagining Nyx in someone else's arms makes flare in jealousy.

I don't want someone else to have him but I also don't want to make a move on him.

Its way to fucking confusing, maybe if I don't talk to him for few days this so called crush will go.