#56 itachis confession

Start from the beginning

"Ok good. At around four in the morning my father got a call from the suna police, apparently they said something about a murder but they didn't tell him who was murdered. He called me at four-ten and told me to drive out to the suna police station to grab the files because he was told that the murderer was believed to be in konoha now" he explained quickly. The way he was talking sounded like he was drugged on caffeine and on further inspection he probably was.

He had empty cans of red bull scattered across his floor and an empty coffee cup on his desk. He was also bouncing his leg and twirling his hair with one hand while frantically cracking the knuckles on the other. He looked overworked and nervous which was extreamly out of character for him.

"Ok what did the files say? Obviously not anything good because you look horrible"

"Well yeah this just adds even more to the problem! We didn't mention anything about this for next week. What if this messes things up? no wait it couldn't right? Technically it would give us the upper hand right? No no his lawyer could go at us for false accusation to try and up our chances at winning the trial" He groaned and shook his head.

"Slow down itachi. Start off with telling me what the files said and then we can deal with the problem" I told him now fully awake "just give yourself a chance to breath"

He nodded and went back to twirling his hair "right, thanks....ah right anyways I got the files then came straight here because I wanted to look at them. The first file, the first damn file had a picture of Minato in the top right corner-"

"Wait isn't that naruto's phsyco dad? What would he have to do with a murder? I thought the only thing we had him labeled for was abuse" I asked surprised.

"Thats what I said! Well to myself but that's besides the point. I thought I saw it wrong because I was just tired so I drank all of those" he pointed to the red bull cans on the ground "olus a bunch if coffee and when I woke up more I still saw it the same, it was him"

"Wait wait who'd he kill though?"

"Shhh I'm getting to it. Apparently back in 2011 he shot his wife through the forehead in an alleyway. She died there but I guess he went berserk after that because I think that's when narutos abuse started. It must have. I remember them from when I was young and even little me could tell how much he loved her. Maybe the reason he carved that 2011 in narutos arm was to signify two things..." he gasped and nodded.

"Wait wait what?" I asked because he had started mumbling after his second sentence.

"To sum it up Minato shot his wife, kushina Uzumaki thought the forehead back in 2011. He adored her though so i don't understand why he would kill her....anyway. he must have gone mad after her death because I think that's when narutos abuse started. 2011 has to signify two things. His wife's death, and what he hoped to be his sons" he shook his head and stared at him in shock.

'He figured all that out while he was half overdosed on caffeine and off of one piece of information?! I know they call him a genius but thats just insane'

"But that still doesn't explain why he would kill her. If he loved her as much as you say then why would he?" I questioned confused.

"I.....have no idea" he breathed out and started tugging on the peice of hair he had been twirling "I have to think of something that's what I do, that's my job. Think itachi think think think!" He tugged on his hair even more and his eyed grew wide and distressed.

I walked over to itachi and seperated his hand from his hair "itachi you're overwhelming yourself. You need rest, not to stay up trying to figure out this case at five in the morning. You take a nap and I'll review the files again to make an attempt at figuring something out ok?" I offered and walked behind him to re-do his disastrous ponytail.