#24 the mall~

Sasuke pov
Naruto and I walked into the mall only to be met by kiba running at us. He was about to tackle naruto because the moron didn't see the crutches.

I wrapped my arms around naruto's waist and quickly pulled him out of the way. Kiba came to a hault and looked at us confused "pay attention he's on crutches!" I said annoyed and helped naruto steady himself while looked confused and scared.

"Thanks sasuke" he said smiling nervously.

Kiba looked over at naruto who looked back at him and smiled "Naruto what the hell happened?!"

"Oh I just fell and landed wrong" he lied but I had to admit he sold the lie pretty well because kiba believed it.

"Oh so your the goalie who broke his knee? I remember temari telling me her goalie broke his knee and she was lissed that you couldn't play" Gaara asked, walking up to all of us.

"Wait your temari's brother?!" Naruto asked shocked.

"Yeah and you're her goalie! How the hell did we never meet each other?"

Naruto shrugged "who knows but we know eachother now so it's fine"

"Naruto what the actual fuck were you doing that you landed hard enough to break your knee" neji asked while shikamaru stared at his knee as if analyzing it.

"Why are you just wearing a knee brace and not a cast?" shikamaru asked skeptically.

I saw nervousness flash in narutos eyes but he shook his head and put on a smile "thats a story for a different day" he said earning skeptical glances from neji and shikamaru but he kept his smile on.

'How does he keep that smile on if he's in pain? Is that smile of his even real?' I wondered and I mentally slapped myself for not even considering that earlier.

I had apparently been spacing out because Naruto suddenly tugged on the sleeve of my shirt to get my attention "sasuke c'mon we're going to target"

"Oh ok sorry" I smiled at him and wrapping my arm around his because I couldn't hold his hand.

"Hurry up love birds!" Kiba yelled to us from a little way ahead.

"I'm going as fast as I can! I'm on crutches dude!" Naruto yelled back.

Kiba, lee, and gaara were infront of us and shikamaru and neji were walking pretty much next to us.

"Want me to just carry you" I offered and he shook his head.

"No way! First of all that would be embarrassing and second of all I have to get used to crutches because next week school starts....wait...how am I gonna get up the stairs sasuke?!"

"Don't worry naruto we have elevators" I told him "plus you probably won't have to go upstairs a lot anyway unless your taking a language or are in a club"

That seemed to ease his nerves because he sighed and relaxed a little "ok thank god"

He tried speeding up on the crutches but his crutch slipped and I grabbed the back of his shirt just as he was about to fall "Be careful! That would have really hurt!" I worriedly pulled him up and steadied him.

He had wide eyes and neji bent down to pick up his crutches "thanks" he said a bit stunned before taking his crutches from neji and balancing himself again.

"Maybe don't try to rush around on crutches?" Neji suggested and naruto nodded.

"Definitely not" he agreed and we all walked into target.

"Holy fuck what took you so long?!" Kiba who was leaning on a wall asked.

"Well ya see naruto tried speeding up on his crutches and he almost fucking fell" I told him crossing my arms.