#54 sick

Naruto pov
I woke up at four in the morning. Was I happy about it? absolutely not but the chills running up my body were worse.

'Its just one problem after the other with me isn't it' I thought annoyed and looked over at sasuke who I had stupidly rolled away from in my sleep.

'Ugh I don't wanna wake him up by moving to much, I'll get some water then come back maybe that will do something'

I carefully got up and out of bed and looked down at sasuke to see if I woke him up. Thankfully I didn't but then again I couldn't really tell through the darkness.

When I stood up I got lightheaded and almost fell back onto the air mattress but I somehow managed to stay standing.

Once I got over that for the most part my chills grew worse and I hugged my arms around myself as I walked out of nejis room 'I should have stayed in bed' I whined in my head as i felt my arms gi bumpy with goosebumps.

"Well fuck where's the kitchen in his huge ass house" I mumbled and accidently ran into someone.

I stumbled back and squinted to see who it was "huh shikamaru?! Since when are you up before you need to be?" I asked in shock.

"Oh calm down I had to use the bathroom, anyway why are you up? As far as I'm concerned *yawn* your just as lazy as I am" he commented.

"Just getting water, and no one is as lazy as you are. Can you show me how to get to the kitchen though? Nejis house is fucking huge"

"Ugh you're so troublesome" he yawned then nodded "follow me" he turned around and led me down the hallway.

"Ah thanks!"

I followed him through nejis house and we turned down like five different hallways before reaching the damn kitchen 'it must be awful trying to get food in the middle of the night'

Shikamaru walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottled water "here ya go, now can I go back to bed?" He tossed me the water

I caught it and shivers ran up and down my body like ants. I huddled my arms back at my sides and opened the water bottle to take a drink.

"Yeah lets.....Le-*SNEEZE* oh that's annoying" I rubbed my eyes and grabbed a napkin off the counter to wipe my nose.

He sighed and leaned against the counter. I couldn't really see him that well but he look like he was thinking hard on something.

After a few minutes he spoke "I um...don't know if it's my place to ask but how are things back at your...house?" He questioned though sounded very hesitant to.

At first his question took me by surprise but it wore off quickly. Shikamaru already knew about my dad and I felt I could trust him.

"it's actually been good, I haven't been back to his house since my knee and I've been staying with sasuke" i grinned then closed the water bottle to talk.

"So he was the one who broke your knee....I had my suspensions but sasuke wouldn't specify anything. You better tell me he's going to jail or at least that they're working on it"

"yeah I actually have the court trial in a little less than two weeks, I'm fucking terrified but it'll be fine" I flashed a tiny nervous smile.

Shikamaru looked shocked and annoyed then shook his head to take a deep breath "how the hell did he manage to- oh nevermind Goodluck. Get the bastard locked away" he patted my shoulder with a lazy grin.

"Oh don't worry I will but I'm sure you've exceeded your limits of being awake so I'll let you go back to sleeo with your boyfriend" I laughed quietly and his face flashed with a look of shock.