“Hey.” The girl said, placing the bread in Presley’s hands. She was pleased to find that it was still somewhat warm. “I brought you some bread. Carol and I made a bunch of loaves.”

“I see that.” She set it on the table, ignoring the way Zeva hungrily eyed the food. “But what’s the real reason you came?”

“I came to bring you the bread.” Presley shook her head.

“No you didn’t.”

The country girl seemed confused and torn on what to say. “I’m pregnant.” She blurted out. “And I told Glenn.”

“I knew you were pregnant.” Presley said, tearing off the end of the bread and tossing it into the air. Zeva lurched up into the air, snatching the piece between her teeth and dropping back onto the ground with a graceful landing. “But I figured you had already told Glenn.”

“No…” She said softly. “I was too scared.”

“So what happened?”

“Nothing happened, that’s the thing.” She gave a frustrated sigh. “He just… Stood there and looked at me. I expected some sort of reaction. Anger is what I expected, but I wanted him to be happy… But he just stared at me like I had grown another pair of arms right in front of him.

Presley gazed thoughtfully at her friend’s stomach. It seemed denser than most people around here, but it just made her look a bit more well fed than everybody else. No one would notice unless they already knew, or where exceptionally observant. Maggie sat down, putting her head in her hands. “I don’t know what to do.” She murmured.

“He’ll come around. It’s shocking news for anybody.” Presley said, biting into the bread. It was plain, but good. She would kill for butter or jam right now, but she wasn’t about to complain. She was sick of canned food. “He’s a good man. Your baby couldn’t have a better father.”

“I know.” She mumbled. “It’s just… I’m scared.” She pressed her hand to her stomach. “I gave Lori crap for getting pregnant during an apocalypse, and now look at me.” The girl laughed bitterly.

“You should probably tell the group before somebody notices. Do you have morning sickness?”

“No… But I’ve been craving peanut butter.” Presley grinned and entered the kitchen, coming back with half a jar of peanut butter.

“Here, it’s yours.” She said, tossing the jar.

“You’re giving up your peanut butter?”

“I have like seven more jars. I’ll be fine. Besides, I gave you the creamy kind. I’m keeping the chunky for myself.” Maggie smiled.

“Can I crash here tonight? I’ll stay out of your way.”

“Yeah, sure.” Presley watched as Maggie marched up the stairs. She felt bad for her. One baby was a handful, but two? One started crying and then the other one would, and that would result in twice the noise. Never mind she didn’t know how long these walls would hold.

They needed a place safer than this. A place even safer than the protective walls of Woodbury… But where?

 .......

Ooooh Presley’s gears are rolling!

So I came up with the name for the sequel. I’m going to give you guys two letters at a time. Two letters per chapter, yeah? If you guess the name before the end, I’ll dedicate the first chapter to you.

FIRST TWO LETTERS: Tr

EARLY UPDATE GOAL : 30 on this chapter

Raised it since you guys beat it last time -.- Just kidding, I love you.

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter. The story is coming to an end soon. *Sniffs* It’s hard processing that. My blood, sweat, and tears has gone into this.

VOTE AND FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @GODDEESW