Chapter 24

Iris POV

Iris POV

"So.." Iris mumbles, tapping her fingers against her coffee mug. "..what are we doing about this situation?"

After the urgent phone call this morning, the two of them were unable to fall back asleep. They couldn't even if they wanted to, Namjoon's phone has been ringing all morning and she's sure he's gotten reprimanded more times than he can count. But as far as Iris can tell, the most important thing right now is damage control. They can't undo what's already been done.

"It depends on what you want." The man shrugs, taking a sip from the scalding hot liquid. "Mr. Bang wants me to call him back in an hour with a decision."

"What are our options?" Iris asks, propping her head up on her palm as she leans forward onto the kitchen table.

"Well, we can play it off as us just being friends. That one probably won't work though, since we're holding hands in one of the pictures.." Namjoon taps his chin, deep in thought.

"Why don't we just tell the truth?" She suggests nonchalantly.

Namjoon's eyes widen. "Are you sure you're ready for that? Our fans can be intense sometimes. Some of them won't be very nice. And your privacy-"

"Joon." Iris holds up a hand, stopping him in his tracks. "I've been here for a little while now, I've seen what your lifestyle and job is like. I know it's a lot but I'm willing to put up with it for you."

Namjoon is quiet for a moment, a look of awe on his face as he takes in her words.

"Also, thank you for asking and not pulling a Jungkook."

He chuckles at that, a grateful smile on his lips as he reaches across the table for her hand. He takes it in his, softly kissing the back of it. "I love you, you know that?"

"Love you too." Iris grins. "Now run along and make your phone calls."

He nods dutifully, releasing her hand and standing up from the table. Namjoon then heads into the living room with his cup of coffee to make the call to his boss.

Iris continues to sip on her warm coffee as she thinks about the situation. Sure, she's a little nervous that millions of fans will soon know about her existence. But she prefers that over having to duck from cameras or staying as far away from Namjoon as possible when they are in public.

Ever since she moved here, she knew that being with Namjoon would mean a life full of sacrifices. And she's willing to make one more in order to give them a little more of a normal relationship.

"What's going on?" Skye mumbles, rubbing her eyes as she steps into the kitchen. She's a pretty light sleeper so she must've heard the commotion going on.

Iris' eyes light up when she sees Skye approaching. "Perfect, you're exactly who I need to talk to. Come sit." She gestures towards the seat across from her.